Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some spare time and was going to clean my storage and seen my old Dual Halo's sitting on the shelf. Well, instead of cleaning, I chose to tear the front end apart and install the Halo's again.

I thought they would go better with my fogs than the stockers. Let me know what you think.

Light output sucks balls, even with $40 worth of Silverstars. The look is nice, just the no adjustment part sucks.

These pics of the Halo's suck since I'm under a parking garage because It's raining and in the 50's and I have a show tomorrow.

Attachments

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
high Chris

the halos look way cool w/your fogs and why arent those adjustable my sonar halos had two adj knobs up & down as well as left to right where stock only up and down :confused:
light output way better w/ hids

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Agreed that they go better with the fogs. Stay with the dual halos fo sho man. Throw the HIDs into those, and bam, problem solved. What I think would be SICK AS HECK, but only has been done a few times on Scions, is opening up the halos and color matching the interior white. It would be crazy hot. If I wasnt so broke and doing like 10000 different things on my car at once, I would get some colormatched dual halos.

Scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had HID's in them awhile back, just to lazy to hook them back up. These are not adjustable and they shine to far ahead. They really suck, but look decent.

I will put the stockers in after awhile, I'm going to use them for a top secret project.

·
Registered
261 Posts
...can always rig up some way to adjust them...just take a trip to the hardware store and figure something out...the halos match really well with the fogs simply because they are round....*shrugs*

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so is the light output nearly as good as stock? do the hids really make that big of a difference in the projectors?

-Sean
The output straight up sucks, I actually caught myself turning them on and off to see the actual difference. I could maybe throw some shims in under the mounts, but I don't want some ghetto set-up either.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
projectors work well with the flow of yur fogs. plus they're OG's, you cant get these anymore.

BTW, im looking for the black dual projectors with dual halo HL. ;)
YEah, I seen some similar ones on eBay but they have amber reflectors in them.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TRU DAT, besides thats what those street lights are for. ;)
i live in L.A., dont need no stinking headlights. :p
I know the streets around here good enough that I could drive without them.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Well Chris, I have to agree with the rest. The duals look the best with your current set-up (note that I said "current")

Too bad about the light output, but I know you'll come up with something that'll have form AND function!!

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
im a huge fan of the halos, they look neet. but its what moves -you-

·
Registered
18 Posts
so with these projectors hids are a must if you want to see anything??? I'm thinking about getting the bbist ones and get some hids...but need the light output.

-Sean

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so with these projectors hids are a must if you want to see anything??? I'm thinking about getting the bbist ones and get some hids...but need the light output.

-Sean

You can get projectors, just stay away from these.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow, those headlights are hot..my boyfriend wants me to get some of those but i have some questions.
1. Can you control the halo rings itself (turn them off/on when you want to), if so how? Are they wired in a way that if you just want them on by itself you turn on your parking lights or will they have to come on when your headlights are on?

2. how bright are these headlights at night? Are they so terribly bad like th rumors say? If you can, would u please post some pics of them at night?

Thanks padanky-- and i am LOVING your hot ride!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
the halos don't come wired to anything, so yes to answer your first question.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The output is decent if you can get them pointed on the road.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.