1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
hate the turn signal area.
it looks so tacky with all those tiny bits of reflective
material pasted on there to match the curve. and
it's not smooth... so crooked.
why couldn't they have molded a single piece for that turn signal???

it looks like a bunch of preschoolers put it together during
arts and crafts time.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
^^^ Dont listen to this guy. Been negative since the day he registered. They actually have good light output, and are constructed pretty good. Ask Big Kokujin, as he has these lights.

Heres a link to a post in here about those lights........

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f29/2783-shimmy-shimmy-yaaa-hls/

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yea, they are very nice...good cutoff. But the only negative i would say is the gray part behind the turn signal...its almost like it serves no purpose. But other than that, they are straight.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whatever...everyone has their right to their opinion. I like 'em, so that is all that matters to me. Plus the price is right!

So no fitment issues then? No cutting or carving of the lights to make them fit?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I don't know for a fact what that is. But if you are talking about what i think you are talking about...its right behind, when you open the hood, its right there. Its like a wheel with teeth on the backside? If so, its easy enough for me to mess with it and i didn't know what i was doing.

BTW, do mines look right, or do i need to do any adjusting?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Big_Kokujin said:
I don't know for a fact what that is. But if you are talking about what i think you are talking about...its right behind, when you open the hood, its right there. Its like a wheel with teeth on the backside? If so, its easy enough for me to mess with it and i didn't know what i was doing.
Thats the one!

Glad it is in an easy access spot.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
BTW, do mines look right, or do i need to do any adjusting?

Depends on whether you wanna blind everyone with the pretty colors ur HL's give off. If thats against the garage door, I would say ur perfect. I had mine at baout that height, and I could see an easy 400 ft in front of me.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
thats the nicest cutoff i've seen for halogens. or is that hids? either way that projector is good unlike the dual halo ones everyone has now. looks good.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I get confused because the lights are not named correctly. Both types have "dual halos" but as we all know one has dual projectors, and one has single. So really they should be named by the projector glass(i always thought it was called a ballast) or whatever it is called.

And they are Xenon as opposed to halogen, not that that makes a difference in the comparison you were making...

I went on and leveled them out. At first the driverside was lower, so i raised it up even with the passenger. One thing thats cool about them is when I'm riding behind someone I can actually see the light "change" color...I'll put up a video of the light change...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
look between the two focus spots. in the before the left line slopes down to the right, in the after its even with the right one.

I don't know what reflector you are talking about.

·
Banned
77 Posts

using all those little pieces ruins the whole light...
i like the dual halos... but the halos don't make up for the
ugly turn signals.

·
Banned
77 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
look between the two focus spots. in the before the left line slopes down to the right, in the after its even with the right one.
my bad... i thought you were showing color changes...
didn't know you were showing changes in the headlight levels.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I mentioned it...i didn't know that thats what you were talking about because, one, it dosen't really reflect, and its all one piece, but i guess its just shaped like a bunch put together. But anyway...its is ugly, serves no purpose and just stands out. it could at least been small. or they should have made it like the one that comes on the other set with the leds under it. I guess if you really wanted to, you could paint it or just take it out.

Oh and I did change bulbs. But from the first pic in the #4 reply and the ones in the #13 reply.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.