Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok, finally got the right ones and installed them today. Thanks sdsnybny for the info. They work great and look really good. I think I need to adjust the projectors but I'll probably wait until it's a little darker outside. I'll snap some pics when I get a chance.

Tapped into the parking lights, so install was really simple.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
and if you rock HID's its even brighter!!
I was gonna buy them, but it said on e-bay page that they are not to be used with HID. Are they just saying it to be safe?
Also are the stock lights the best when it comes to brightness, using the same bulb? Cuz some people say that the beam pattern is not that great, etc. I love the look though.

·
Registered
869 Posts
i have those ones but mine are the chrome verson. i put 6k HID's in the projectors, then i bought silver bulbs for the turn signals. i wired my halos to the running lights. it was a pice of cake i wouldnt recomend using wire taps, or quick connectors, they wiggle loose over time... id recoment splicing the wires and using heat shrink.. its way more reliable.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I was gonna buy them, but it said on e-bay page that they are not to be used with HID. Are they just saying it to be safe?
Also are the stock lights the best when it comes to brightness, using the same bulb? Cuz some people say that the beam pattern is not that great, etc. I love the look though.
I think it says that for saftey and liability reasons. Because they were not made for HIDs. But alot of people run them so its up to you. I plan on running them eventually...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.