1. Ignition Switch?
  2. Running Lights?
  3. Switch in Dash?
  4. Other?

·
Registered
110 Posts
halo's to parking lights

hey can you tell me exactly how to wire my halo's to my parking lights i really want to do that i just got them on the ride today and they look great but i really need either pics or a good description on what to do thank you

·
Registered
229 Posts
which set are these's? mine or those og ones that where 3 bills when they came out... i use them wit my signal lights but thinkin of redoing them for a seperate switch since i switched out the led's an about to repaint them.

has anyone tried to fit the lens of the projector lights back on to the stock headlights since it goes flush an doesnt have that corner shape.???

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
You must have different ones, because the ones i have they still have the hump, and it starts infront of the high beam as opposed to in front of the blinker like the stock ones do.

Okay for the halos...i think i posted how i did it in my thread about my headlights...i'll have to see. But all you do is wire all of the reds together and all of the blacks together. Then splice into the wires that run into the base of the bliker/parking bulb. The middle wire is the ground and I think the green/w orange wire is the parking positive, if thats not right then you will have them as blinkers, which I am thinking about doing anyway...

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
You must have different ones, because the ones i have they still have the hump, and it starts infront of the high beam as opposed to in front of the blinker like the stock ones do.

Okay for the halos...i think i posted how i did it in my thread about my headlights...i'll have to see. But all you do is wire all of the reds together and all of the blacks together. Then splice into the wires that run into the base of the bliker/parking bulb. The middle wire is the ground and I think the green/w orange wire is the parking positive, if thats not right then you will have them as blinkers, which I am thinking about doing anyway...
i have the bBist halos and i am wondering if the wires are the same setup

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Lets do pics instead of names...because as we know there are only a couple of different kinds with hundreds of names...

these are the ones i have

·
Registered
110 Posts
projectors

mine are the exact same ones as those. i actually just installed them the other day and they look great. and i just wired the halos to a rocker switch so i guess it works out pretty good for me. but yeah they are nice lights but my right projector points down a little bit is there anyway i can fix that

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
try this

the projectors are adjustable like stock heads w/extra's. they can be adjusted left to right and up and down look on th back of your stock heads see the metal circle w/one side jagged thats up and down. and on the projectors there is two adjusments one in same pos as stock and one low to the outside (hard to reach) that one is left to right:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey big kokujin, i just got those same headlights. just wondering how hard is it to wire them yourself? i've never done this sort of thing and i thought it was gonna be a direct install. do i have to take off the bumper?

·
Registered
110 Posts
yeah

yeah you have to take off the bumper well at least the sides next to the fender and the part right under the grill and by the headlight there is a clip you must get its pretty tricky but you'll find it if you just sorta jiggle it a lil bit. but is all i did was the power wire and the ground i just grounded the black wire to the firewall and then just connected the red wires to a rocker switch in my front console and then got some red power wire from the auto store and routed my wires through the firewall and to my battery and bam it works great. i think thats the easiest way cause i dont know how to tap into wires id like to see a thread on that well yeah but the rest of the headlight is just direct install plug and play but i would recommend you dont use the bulbs it comes with cause they are weak as hell i recommend you get some silverstars and even better what i have is some silverstar turn signal amber bulbs as well. it makes it look hella slick and cleaner i think but yeah try that well cya

·
Registered
55 Posts
Okay, I have the same lights listed in this thread.
these are the ones i have
I got everything ready to go, wire taps for the halo's, bought silver stars to replace the bulbs, took off the bumper and grill (Thanks for the info, very helpful) and put in the new lights. The issue I am having is with the blinker / parking light. The bulb is too big and the socket is also too big and the tabs are in the wrong places. The model in the plastic under the hole says 1157NA but that's the same model # on the bulb. My only guess is that they changed the assembly on the '06.

Is anyone else having this problem and/or does anyone know what model # bulb and socket goes in there? I felt like the kid trying to put the square block in the triangle hole.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
What bulb is too big? The stock one? It deffinately should fit...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, it's the stock bulb, and it's definitely too big. And the socket piece (grey piece that bulb goes into and wires clip into other side) is also too big. I considered cutting it but the shiny inside would get damaged.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just installed mine last night, Big_Kokujin is right...the green w/ orange is the positive blinker wire. As for the '06 blinker not fitting, WideTurn, not to be a smartass, but are you sure you tried rotating the blinker in every possible position? I only ask this because I bought the same lights as what Big_Kokujin is showing off ebay just last week & I have an '06.5. At first the blinker didn't fit, but I found out that the alignment of the slots on the new lights are different than on the stockies. I had to rotate the blinker almost 180 degrees but it finally popped into place. I have aftermarket bulbs though, so if it's the actual BULB that doesn't fit, try buying some replacements. I got the iridescent ones that look blue when off but blink in amber. Sorry forgot what brand they are. Anyway hope this helps at all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just installed mine last night, Big_Kokujin is right...the green w/ orange is the positive blinker wire. As for the '06 blinker not fitting, WideTurn, not to be a smartass, but are you sure you tried rotating the blinker in every possible position? I only ask this because I bought the same lights as what Big_Kokujin is showing off ebay just last week & I have an '06.5. At first the blinker didn't fit, but I found out that the alignment of the slots on the new lights are different than on the stockies. I had to rotate the blinker almost 180 degrees but it finally popped into place. I have aftermarket bulbs though, so if it's the actual BULB that doesn't fit, try buying some replacements. I got the iridescent ones that look blue when off but blink in amber. Sorry forgot what brand they are. Anyway hope this helps at all.
Yeah, it was right. I noticed the hole in the other blinker was cut properly and the bulb fit fine. It was just the right side that was cut too small. I could have fixed it with a dremel but I didn't want to chip the chrome inside the housing. I sent it back and got a refund. I do understand what you were saying though, the left side one I had to flip the bulb almost 180 to get it in. I looked at silver stars but the bulb size was still the same. The right side was just cut (or pressed or however they do it) wrong. Thanks for your help though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.