Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought dual halo headlights for my xb and I need help with installation. There is a direct plug which looks easy to do but then there are black and red wires. I have no idea where to connect these. And I know I have to remove the bumper....but I don't which bolts to unscrew. If anyone can help (with pictures if possible) please let me know.
I'm a girl and I don't know to much about wiring, so I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me. I'd love to install them myself if possible.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You can do it. Take a look over at Scionlife.com. In the tech section there should be a write up of how to take off the bumper. From there it should be very easy. take out the old headlights and install new ones. The wiring should be plug and play if Im not mistaken with that. Good luck. If you need more help I might be able to get you some pics.

Shawn

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just bought dual halo headlights for my xb and I need help with installation. There is a direct plug which looks easy to do but then there are black and red wires. I have no idea where to connect these. And I know I have to remove the bumper....but I don't which bolts to unscrew. If anyone can help (with pictures if possible) please let me know.
I'm a girl and I don't know to much about wiring, so I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me. I'd love to install them myself if possible.

Thanks!
I had these installed on my Xb and they leaked really bad. You can take them apart and use Window and Door Sealer to stop the leaking. Just a heads up...

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
If you got the one's from bBist they shouldn't leak or fog up. From what I heard they are the best.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
i have the bBist ones and my havent fogged at all , they are good quailty thats for sure. wiring them is pretty easy once u have ur wires down.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
hey nice halos

the thin red and black wires (2) sets per light are for the leds in the halo rings the blacks need wired to a good ground on the body and the reds need a 5 amp fuse installed in line (just in case) and then wire them to a power source. you have many options ie;: wire to the parking lights so they come on when you have the lights on , or to the low beams or to a power source that's hot when the ignition is on that way they are like daytime driving lights on weather or not lights or turned on and last straight to the red lead from the battery leds draw so low of a charge you could leave them on constantly and never run down the battery. good luck ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
I get a laugh where it says you needs help because you are a girl. I mean if you want to point out that as your reason why you don't know how to do this, why don't you just post pics of yourself in some suggestive poses as well.... lol

As for your predicament. I also suggest www.Scionlife.com for the technical thread on how to take off the bumper, or wait until one of these guys can post the pics of their install.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.