Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are some ways you all go about drying the roof of your xBs?
I currently have to use the stepstool and take about 2 cloths to push off the water from the roof, ring out the cloth and repeat. Then I go back with some dry cloths and finish drying the roof and then wax it. I thought of a squeegee or squeegee type tool, but don't want to scratch the paint so that's out.
What ideas do you have to make this easier?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Actually they make a Squeegie type tool that is designed for it and it doesnt hurt your paint at all. They sell them at auto zone, and theyre about $15.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
get it lowered a lot. takes out the step stool part of it . :)

i just use one of the chami clothes and wring it dry usually

scotty

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
ScionScotty said:
get it lowered a lot. takes out the step stool part of it . :)

i just use one of the chami clothes and wring it dry usually

scotty
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly what he said! :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Lower it, I'm able to reach past the half way point.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i can damn near get to the other side of that weather strip thing from the opposite side on top of the roof. go as low as you can, and it makes it a ton easier. then again im lower than most as my daily driver:
(thats my current daily driver height)

·
Registered
454 Posts
three ways, if you can't slam it like replys above. . . Some of us work in neighborhoods where even a one inch drop can cause problems. And Some of us can't afford airbags. . .lol

#1- "original California waterblade" or the new "jellyblade" from the same company. I use them all the time I have no scratches, however don't just rinse the B and then use them. Thoroughly clean/wash the car then use them. . . just in case.
#2- "The Absorber" it's a synthetic chamois. I've been using one for about 11 years. I don't have a step stool but I just open the door and take off my shoes and stand on the seat cushion while holding on to the Oh "F" me handle. I'm short too, I'm 5'7" and I can still get the top of the car this way.
#3- Drive up a steep hill and hit the brakes! Sounds stupid but about 90% of the water will come off if you do this a few times. Results might vary depending on incline. . .lol

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
ScionScotty said:
lol. i do have a kit, but its still pretty damn slammed. just went out and took this pic 5 minutes ago for ya for the doubters.

scotty
Almost two lower than mine:mad: But I'm on 18's. I want Df210's

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for input all

Thanks for the tips everybody. I want to lower mine, but it may be awhile before I decide on that because I live where it actually snows. I have to be careful not to use it for a snowplow....LOL.
I think I will try out one of the "blades" or the chamois first.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
AirecK said:
just to clarify.... whats size wheels you roll on Scott??
17's??

I believe 16's

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
micmac said:
Thanks for the tips everybody. I want to lower mine, but it may be awhile before I decide on that because I live where it actually snows. I have to be careful not to use it for a snowplow....LOL.
I think I will try out one of the "blades" or the chamois first.
I live where it snows! :) Middle of Nebraska! Just get a set of coilovers so you can raise it back up for winter :cool:

And Chris is right, Im rockin the 16" Works. Ive been thinking about going back to stock lip kit all around just so I can drop the body lower. Dont know if Im gonna though.

Scotty

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
don't like the idea of using a squeege on my paint, but it is the most effective way. I've learned also that if you take the spray nozzle of the hose, turn the water pressure down so just a slow flow comes out of the hose, and kinda run the water over the car it pulls a lot of water off of flat surfaces. It leaves only spots of water that is pretty easy to dry.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I didn't believe the "jelly blade" would work but I got one for free so I tried it. It's amazing how fast it takes the water off. It won't get into all the tight places but I use it with a few microfiber towels and it does a great job. No marks on the paint at all. It does an awesome job on the windows too!

Oh, and with my air bags I have no trouble cleaning the top with the bags down or cleaning my wheel wells with the bags up. The best of both worlds. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.