Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...thos this Saturday night around 2 a.m...me and my girlfriend were driving home in the rain, well about 10 min. away from my house, I look in my rearview and see these headlights coming up on my like nothing (i was going about 50mph, he had to be at least doing 80+)......well I keep looking up, hes not slowing down, nor any sign of switching lanes....so at the last second, I cut over into the right lane extremly fast....not fast enough.....this mofo still clips a good part of my rear end and hatch...well he hits me, we both correct...and he guns it down the road!!!! I was able to drop my car down into third and keep up enough to see what kinda car it was, and the license plate...called the cops, they went to the dudes house...well on top of all of that, the cops told me when they arrived at his house asked him if he was "pig vomit" and he said yes, then asked him if he owned a truck...his answer..."no".....they then questioned another person in the house who said he did and it was in the garage....the guy then said "well, i have a truck....but its my dad's"....well the cops tell him to open the garage and his response "i can't, its not my house", cops tell him dude, we have your name registered to that truck at this address...open the garage....upon this, the guy finally does admit "i remember hitting something, but I had been drinking, so I was scared to stop (ass clown!!!)...well, heres the damage:

...I called my insurance, and now I'm just waiting for an apprasier to come out....so as I said....drunk drivers go to hell!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, well in all honesty, my girlfriends shoulder was kinda hurtin her today....but we'll see, we're waiting to go to a doctor till we get more info from the insurance company (they're closed on sunday =( ).....i'm feeling fine though (its the skrong in me =D )

·
Registered
193 Posts
when i got hit by a drunk driver the guy drove down the road at least a mile before he stopped...i didn't think he was gonna stop...my car caught on fire and we couldn't get out...the guy didn't even come over there to see about us...someone else stopped and helped us...and on top of that the cops told me that he was getting arrested for DUI...but when we got to the hospital they told me that they let him go...he was 1 point away from being drunk...did your guy get arrested??

·
Registered
490 Posts
Should've taken your girl to the emergency room. Without that you're less likely to get insurance money for her pain.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
dude im sorry to hear that wayne. ive been through hell with drunken drivers. i dont have a problem with people drinking. i dont have a problem with people driving. but they better not be drunk or drinking when they get in the car! i hope they clear everything up for ya! just think, youll get money back for the bB bumper plate, new bumper, and you may be able to get a shaved hatch outta it! sorry to hear about it though. that really sucks.

scotty

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Glad you're ok Wayne! The box can be fixed you and your gf can't!!

It'll all work out...aren't you guys the ones making cracks about the way your other style bBer drives?

Everyone should be more careful, bc you never know what could happen.

Good luck with everything! :)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
That is really shitty! Glad your ok.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I'll make a long story short. Driving my 78 vw van, guys in a jeep (drunk) hits me the same way you got hit. My bus goes up on two wheels, falls over onto it's side, slides 1/8 of a mile spinning 360 degrees a few times (all of this on the side that has the gas cap) and comes to rest facing oncoming traffic. My girlfriend at the time was thrown from the seat into the rear of the bus she got minor injuries. I only hurt myself because I was still in the seat belt on the high side of the bus and, you guessed it, pushed the seat belt release. The people standing outside watching this thought it was funny and looking back on it, it was.

The driver in the Jeep kept going, got off at the next off ramp, and made it about a half mile before his engine blew. When he hit me he cracked his radiator and the engine ran out of water. It was easy for the CHP to find him and when the officer asked him if he's been drinking, he threw up all over the officers shoes. Then he ralphed in the back of the patrol unit. I don't know for sure, but I've heard that cops really don't like that.

The important thing is that you're OK and your lady is too. I remind my listeners on the radio all the time to not drink and drive but more importantly, watch out for the drunk drivers. They always seem to survive and the sober people die. Keep an eye on that rear view mirror like you did and it could save your life. As I tell my girlfriend, it's not just for applying makeup. :D

·
Registered
813 Posts
When i got my box back 2 years ago, I was parked on PCH by seal beach main street at shorehouse cafe and i was alone studyin which was odd and i hear this burrnnintire burn out bullshit and then a hug elong crunch...im like fuckin a i bet thats my car..sure enough it was with the drunk driver tryin to get awy but his tires blew from the impact...i get out there both my tired are popped flat, my front right fender on the sidewalk my bumper in like 3 piece and my left tire on the sidewalk...it was the most hidious thing i had ever seen..i didnt have my box for another 4 months after i bought it....but yes drunk drivers suck

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Glad you're okay. I HATE drunk drivers too, one killed my younger brother... :(

I feel for you DTrain! I lost friends to drunk drivers as well...

Suspended, Very much glad you and your girlfriend are ok. I would ask someone thats taking your case as to what you should do. Let them know your girlfriends shoulder is not feeling well and that you want to have her check for possible injuries. Even the smallest impact can jar something in our bodies and screw us over down the road.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
That is so sad! When I was ten my babysitter was killed as a result of driving with my Uncle while he was drunk. :( She was only 17!! To honor her I named my oldest dd after her.

Nothing is going to stop ppl from driving drunk. :(

·
Registered
276 Posts
ah man I knew I should have stayed behind you... the tC could of caught em!! bastards!!!! oh well glad to hear you are ok. and if the guy has insurance then I would get it fixed by Elite to screw em good. You stephan with his high prices. Man glad to hear your ok man.....

·
Registered
276 Posts
also wayne one of my friends do massage therapy. let me know if ashley needs it I will make the call man.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Jeremy, I'll deff. let you know......her shoulder wasn't really that bad when it first happened (think we were in such an adreniline rush, couldn't really feel anything), but from rubbing it, it feels like its just tightened muscles....

The guy does have insurance, so that should be ok...I'm calling the claims adjuster today...so we'll see where that goes from there, I can tell now I wil need a new hatch, rear bumper, and I think my front rim kissed the concrete wall on the bridge (which I can get repaired here in Jacksonville)...

Scott, can't really talk about the shaved hatch, but I may have a few suprises, but I'll wait to count my chickens before they hatch...or to let out any words of possible "insurance fraud"

I've had friends that have died in these cases as well, and yes it is stupid, i've had two friends that were driving drunk and they both fell into ditches with their cars, and I don't wanna get into any details about it after that...

But lately, florida has been cracking down on aggressive driving (someone politically huge I think just lost a child to aggressive driving), so hopefully they use this guy as an example....possibly give him the chair or like life in prison (yes, its just wishful thinking)....but we'll see

·
Registered
276 Posts
yeah a good massage should bring out the knots and tensed muscles. they are probably just sore from bracing... no biggie though... also if you need another stock tailight I have one for you. i will bring it this weekend if you need it. so it happened on Buchman after I passed you? or over julington creek?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Wow, my heart really goes out to anyone that has lost a family member or friend to a drunk driver. People can sure make some stupid decisions once they've had a couple too many ... like get behind the wheel.

·
Registered
276 Posts
oh also you are gonna want to go to an alignment shop and if its off dont fix it just have them print it out... do this before the adjuster gets there because they dont account for this...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.