Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys pleaes tell me how does thing feels when driving up a hill with a 15% grade? Or how does the acceleratoin feel when passing somebody.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Mine is an automatic, and serious hill climbing does, of course, cause it to shift down one gear lower - this isn't a massive high-torque V8. :)

Some people will complain about the 'lack of performance' with the small engine, but the gearing in the box actually gets better performance than one should expect from an engine that small. There are many vehicles with considerably larger engines that perform worse, or at least no better.

Passing at legit highway speeds is not something I've had a problem with, so long as one has enough space to accelerate. Again, we aren't talking about a large V8 - but we aren't talking about 12MPG, either. :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
I drive a stick. I've done a couple steep inclines. I tried the first time in 5th gear and the car couldn't handle it, I ended up downshifting to 3rd gear just so I could accelarate up the hill. I was losing speed in 5th, and the MPH didn't raise at all in 4th gear.

This was with myself and one passanger (totaling about 240 lbs) and nothing at all in the box to weigh it down, it's bair bone stock at the moment. And the incline was 15-20%.

With a manual, you'll find passing people easy in 2nd gear. 3rd gear isn't terrible when you're passing someone at 60. But 4th gear isn't going to do you much good at any speed. You have nearly no acceleration. And lets not even mention 5th gear...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I test drove it today up some big hills and it felt okay. I am prob going to get a white box on Friday. These guys won't break the price not even a lil bit.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
With the xB, the price is always the same. Unless it's used, or they have added extra stuff like fancy wheels, etc. Pure Pricing it is called, we call it no haggle. Works for me!

I turn OD off up hills and have no problems whatsoever.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
boxd_up said:
I turn OD off up hills and have no problems whatsoever.
^^^^^
Same here! :D

As far as the pricing goes, when you really compare the standard features on the xB against other cars in it's class, you'll see you have more "bang for your bucks!"

BTW, you'll like the Polar White! :cool:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Psst, Dion, every time I think about how often I have to wash mine, I wish I'd gotten the PW! Plus PW just looks darn sharp.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
boxd_up said:
Psst, Dion, every time I think about how often I have to wash mine, I wish I'd gotten the PW! Plus PW just looks darn sharp.
Psst, Angie, don't tell Nic, but I really wanted BSP!!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Psst, Angie, don't tell Nic, but I really wanted BSP!!

LOL!!! I guess the grass really is greener on the other side ... (except when it's a Green Envy, then it's even greener than grass!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.