Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Ive been playing w/ my driver window and during the diagnosis of the switch I noticed that the part you press to lower the drivers window has a different feel and sound than the others. I know its not the switch on the circuit board bc i took it apart to see if there was anything stuck in there. I'm guessing theres a reason for it, but i wanted to ask other 1st gen (mine is a 06) to press theirs and see if they can feel or hear a difference. The difference I am speaking of is a click which sounds and feels like theres almost a 2nd gear or something. Its not loud but if you are paying attention, one can feel and hear it...mostly feel when pressing about half way through the full press... I don't believe its a big deal but i was just curious.

Thanks to everyone who has posted fix it info on here and the other board. :)

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
The "click" is the one touch for the driver's side front window (down only). Partially pressing it will lower the window, a full press (as when you hear/feel the click) engages the one touch mechanism.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess i should have found that in the manual. Thanks for answering. The window never worked well enough for me to discover that function and my last car was a base Echo w no electric anything. I was thinking the click was a left over function from a more upgraded car. :D

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
/\/\.. Just so you know that the Echo you talk about was before our boxes !! Many of what the Echo has will fit in our xBs !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts