Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else have this? I just pulled out the drivers seat, to sand and repaint the front feet, that bolt into the chassis.
I assume it's because: I track snow and salt into that area for the last 17 years. Still seams strange, they were painted from the factory. Wonder if metal to metal contact had anything to do with it, where the male and female peg and hole under feet locate, into the chassis.

Automotive exterior Gas Bumper Auto part Metal

Eye Sculpture Bicycle part Wood Art

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anybody else have this? I just pulled out the drivers seat, to sand and repaint the front feet, that bolt into the chassis.
I assume it's because: I track snow and salt into that area for the last 17 years. Still seams strange, they were painted from the factory. Wonder if metal to metal contact had anything to do with it, where the male and female peg and hole under feet locate, into the chassis.

View attachment 79765

View attachment 79766
Your post answers your question lol. Your way of fixing it is right on- I just would sand and spray with Rust-Oleum.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Probably shitty paint job on seat rails all 3 yrs of production. Mine is not in snow or salt but has surface rust there too.....just not that bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 79765

View attachment 79766
The same thing happened to mine, once I moved from CA to upstate NY. It’s the only rust on the interior. I assumed it was due to the cupped nature of the fasteners and frame, letting road salt sit for days/weeks/months.

·
Registered
743 Posts
but his wasn't in the cupped part. it was on the raised front edge. I think it is just weak paint job on the seat rails and this area is most vulnerable getting in and out. Mine are halfway like that and not in salt area and not any beach action either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts