Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota/Scion need to sponsor a mid-engine turboed or SCed xB that has been converted to RWD!

How great would it be to see that thing halling bootie down the drag strip.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
um it wouldnt be a scion anymore. just like the pepsi/scion sponsored tc with it's highly modified 3rz.

oh and there's allready a front engine rwd xB . it's on a customized toyota pickup frame. running 20 inch in the rear and 18's up front. it's ugly , all vinyl wrapped . 400 or so hp 22rt motor. so far still unfinished.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In many forms of racing the cars being raced often differ greatly from the production car they are supposed to represent.

Hence the Toyota/Scion sponsored car. Scion body, maybe part of the chassis, and Toyota power to produce a fast 1/4 mile car.

I guess I wasnt as worried about the whole "it wouldnt be a Scion anymore" thing. I was more concerned with getting down the track as fast as possible.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Jsapata said:
In many forms of racing the cars being raced often differ greatly from the production car they are supposed to represent.

Hence the Toyota/Scion sponsored car. Scion body, maybe part of the chassis, and Toyota power to produce a fast 1/4 mile car.

I guess I wasnt as worried about the whole "it wouldnt be a Scion anymore" thing. I was more concerned with getting down the track as fast as possible.
the tc is pretty much nothing scion. it might as well be a funny car. tube chassis , 3rz taco motor , turbo , front to back motor fwd.

the xB with the 22rt is a xb chassis with the floors cut out and then fabricated to fit the modified toyota truck frame.

and i know all about racing with just the shape. and honestly i love the shape but racing on a track is cool but never getting to drive it or show off or go to reg car shows blows. if i could have a daily 200whp rwd xb the car would be just about perfect.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The guy at the dealership told me the reall JDM bB is AWD...and 2.4l i think...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
hes wrong. you could get the AWD as an option in japan. also, for engines you had choices of 1.3 or "upgraded" 1.5 (that we have stock).

I would personally love to have an AWD bB, but I could never afford to ship it over. closest i have to one, is the rear bumper. lol. im starting to look at getting possibly the full kit for it if i can. (shorter front and different sides)

scotty

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hotbox I think we are simply talking about two different things, a daily driver versus an all out race car. I agree having an xB with 200hp as a daily driver would probably be plenty of fun.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Jsapata said:
hotbox I think we are simply talking about two different things, a daily driver versus an all out race car. I agree having an xB with 200hp as a daily driver would probably be plenty of fun.
i know i kinda ( well REALLY ) compared apples to oranges. but yeah gues that's just my thinking , lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.