Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Toasters.....
Bought a 2011 Xb Release Series in December. So far I really love this car. I'm 6'2", it's roomy, peppy, nimble, versatile. I have a draft coming through my dash above my glove box. I haven't surveyed the problem in depth. Anyone familiar with this? Oh, it's Voodoo Blue 馃懝
Ron

Lots o leather and copper
I would guess your fresh air vent is missing the filter since this is exactly where it is. Open the glove and pull the clip holding the piston on the side of it. This will let you see the access panel for the filter behind the glove. Check to see if the panel is even there and if the filter is present or not. Replace parts as needed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Toasters.....
Bought a 2011 Xb Release Series in December. So far I really love this car. I'm 6'2", it's roomy, peppy, nimble, versatile. I have a draft coming through my dash above my glove box. I haven't surveyed the problem in depth. Anyone familiar with this? Oh, it's Voodoo Blue 馃懝
Ron
I would guess your fresh air vent is missing the filter since this is exactly where it is. Open the glove and pull the clip holding the piston on the side of it. This will let you see the access panel for the filter behind the glove. Check to see if the panel is even there and if the filter is present or not. Replace parts as needed.
Hey Greg. I replaced the cabin filter before posting. No change.
r

Lots o leather and copper
Well crap. Time to start looking for loose ducting or cracked housings. Pull the glove and the top of the dash to get a better view for inspecting it.

Here's the how to for removing the top of the dash. Sorry the pictures are gone.

You might try driving with a friend without the top of the dahs and the glove on to see if you can localize where the draft is coming from. Also have a look at the firewall to make sure the previous owner didn't have any wiring running through it and didn't plug the hole properly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well crap. Time to start looking for loose ducting or cracked housings. Pull the glove and the top of the dash to get a better view for inspecting it.

Here's the how to for removing the top of the dash. Sorry the pictures are gone.

You might try driving with a friend without the top of the dahs and the glove on to see if you can localize where the draft is coming from. Also have a look at the firewall to make sure the previous owner didn't have any wiring running through it and didn't plug the hole properly.
Great suggestions. Thanks. I was hoping for a quick and immediate fix, like.....lots of other cars with the same issue. I'll report what I find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts