Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '09 with the premium Pioneer stereo with the screen, now no one has ever accused me of being a tech person. i have asked the people at the stealership on how you go about downloading new skins for the screen, no help they said contact pioneer, pioneer said they only sold the stereo's to Scion. can any one explain how to do this to me? now remember i'm 55 and am more at home working on a 429 Ranchero.

·
No longer SW now Supa Red
136 Posts
If I remember right, you have to put the pictures you want on an SD card and the put the card in from there download it to the deck. The instructions have the steps how to do it. Or you could stop by AVIC411.com to look up some advice too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I remember right, you have to put the pictures you want on an SD card and the put the card in from there download it to the deck. The instructions have the steps how to do it. Or you could stop by AVIC411.com to look up some advice too.
I have the AVIC-D3 in mine and you just burn them to a CD in particular format and then you stick the disk in and load them that way. I'm sure Pioneer has changed the process by now though..

·
Registered
156 Posts
I know when i changed mine i just put the pictures on a disc and put it in the stereo. I also downloaded some screensavers off of the pioneer site. I have koi fish swimming on my deck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know what website you go to to download more screensavers? Also, do you know how to load into the stereo once you have them burned on a cd?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know when i changed mine i just put the pictures on a disc and put it in the stereo. I also downloaded some screensavers off of the pioneer site. I have koi fish swimming on my deck.

Hi, I am new here. I was able to locate a website and download lka and lkd files. However, now I cant figure out where I go to load them into the stereo. When I load the CDR disk it says there is no music on the file. Would you happen to know how I can successfully load them? I have a 2009 XB.

Thanks for any help

·
SFV native
9 Posts
i just saw the answer to this in the owners manual for the stereo. if no one posts the answer on here by tomorrow ill bring the manual up from my car tomorrow. it seemed pretty easy. i just bought my 09 and it came with that stereo so i've been reading up on it. did you know you can change the lights from orange to blue or blue to orange? wish the whole car did that!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks for your response. After hours of searching I finally found the manual online. You are right, they make it sound easy! There is a website where you can download additional screensavers or make your own. Sounds really cool, and the manual tells me what buttons to push to initiate a download to the stereo, but now I get a disk error. Going to have my hubby try burning the file on a lkd file for me from his computer and try again.

If you are able to make it work let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just saw the answer to this in the owners manual for the stereo. if no one posts the answer on here by tomorrow ill bring the manual up from my car tomorrow. it seemed pretty easy. i just bought my 09 and it came with that stereo so i've been reading up on it. did you know you can change the lights from orange to blue or blue to orange? wish the whole car did that!

Oh and yeah I did figure out the blue lights from reading thru some posts. It is wicked cool, and I am with you.. wish I could change the speedo too! Did you know you can also change the opening message that comes up when you turn on your car? My car has a nickname so I changed it to that...LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts