Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I'm talking to my old boss at BIg Bear Tire in Oconomowoc a few weeks back. He's trying to help pick out a wheel and tire package for my box. We eventually settle on gloss black Motegi FF7s in 18". I loved the wheels andreally wanted to do it but didn't have the scratch right then. I told him give me a while and I'll think it over. Well driving through Jefferson to get to work I pass a house and see a black tC coupe in a driveway that really caught my eye. As I admired said coupe I look over and see another Salsa Red Pearl xB...with...18"...Motegi...FF7s...in gloss black. I could not tellyou how pissed I was. My problem now is that I've seen an identical car with the rims that I want(And they look FANTASTIC on salsa red.) do I copy him or look for something new? Whatcha think?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You're never gonna be the only one with any rim unless it's a one off or cost 2k for each rim. If you like them and think they look good then do it. It's all about what makes you happy!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^ what Taz said! ^^^

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya know, it's just that the guy lives somewhat locally(and we're not talking a town like SD or LA, jefferson has 7,000 people) and everyone i work with confuses that car for mine already. It may be a girl that owns the car. My friends swear they saw my girlfriend driving my car but she can't drive stick and I won't teach he in my toaster. I'm waiting for my winter beater to be found and I'll teach her then. I really think I'm gonna buy the rims I love 'em, but it just kinda cheapened the whole deal.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Just dont do everything the same. I do think it may have been good to see your rims on another first so you dont make a 1K+ mistake.

·
Registered
368 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
You're never gonna be the only one with any rim unless it's a one off or cost 2k for each rim. If you like them and think they look good then do it. It's all about what makes you happy!
Just do what makes you happy, just like surfcity said. Your modding to make WHO happy?

But I don't think there are too many out there with the combo I got, either steelies with Studebaker hub caps, or my Niche "Serpants".

·
Registered
762 Posts
get jdm rims if you want to be unique.

takumiproject.com <<< where i got mine
rrr-game.com
wheelchoice.com

those guys all sell used jdm wheels. some are "common" designs but others, like my lover souls and lots others are really unique!

http://takumiproject.com/search_result.asp

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
There is more to life than rims. If you love them get ‘em. . . then start thinking of what OTHER mods you want to do to stand out! ;)

(and, of course, what Taz said)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that you guys are right. I have a few smaller home-made mods in mind to make my car a tad unique. Do you guys think the gun metal or black would look best on a Salsa Red xB? I'm modding my car to make me happy just don't want to feel like a copy cat. It gets hard when there are so many out there modding their boxes to come up with a unique combo. Like I said I have a few small ideas that should really help it pop out. I'll get you guys some pics when I get 'em figured out.

·
Registered
485 Posts
get a wheel that has a glossy black polished lip and paint the rest of the wheel salsa red and get some seriously thick clear coat. A guy has something liek that around here and it looks absolutely amazing

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hnh, That does sound pretty cool. Unfortunatly I think wheels are going to have to wait. The factory I work at has been downsizing due to slow business. There have been rumors around saying that our jobs are being outsourced to a new factory my company built in China. I may be out of a job this time next year. It's time to start saving a few bucks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts