Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone one know anything aobut peeling off hte tape off your doors.
im kinda not really half way there and it looks l ike crap.

p.s. how do you get it between the window with the rubber sealant part?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
You just have to work on it, it will all come off, roll the windows down and pull the rubber gasket out of the door frame and from the outisde edge of the door so you can get to the tape that is rolled around the inside and outside of the door, as far as the tape behind the molding, once you get down to that part you can either pull the molding back slightly and pull the tape out some heat may be needed or help or pull the molding back and cut the tape leaving a bery small portion behind the molding, once you get is started try using some goo gone once you ahve the tape removed to clean up the adhesive, it may even help loose the adhisive up to get the tape off. I bave removed it on all 3 of my xB's

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
too lazyy.. lols dsl helps for searching.

im a dsl=dumb super-lazyArse. lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Skeeter said:
You just have to work on it, it will all come off, roll the windows down and pull the rubber gasket out of the door frame and from the outisde edge of the door so you can get to the tape that is rolled around the inside and outside of the door, as far as the tape behind the molding, once you get down to that part you can either pull the molding back slightly and pull the tape out some heat may be needed or help or pull the molding back and cut the tape leaving a bery small portion behind the molding, once you get is started try using some goo gone once you ahve the tape removed to clean up the adhesive, it may even help loose the adhisive up to get the tape off. I bave removed it on all 3 of my xB's

He left out that he used an exacto knife to help "cut off" some of the hard to get to tape...use a light touch of course.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I think Caden mentioned using a hair dryer to heat it up when she did hers.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it was raining hardcore in DFW, texas today where i live. i couldnt even pull it out of the garage and work on it... my fingernails hurt like a mofo trying to peel this heat-shrink like tape....

after im done with this mod im cutting my nails. they are long enough as is.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The more heat you put on thehard it is, that crappy tape will stretch all to hell. I used the exacto know along the edges, you have to be damn careful not to gouge the paint. If the car is fairly new its much easier, onmy 04 it was a MOFO, on the 06 that was only a month old it was easy.

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Liesjemt said:
I think Caden mentioned using a hair dryer to heat it up when she did hers.
Good Luck!
I did use the hair dryer but then i just gave up with the hair dryer and pulled it off in 104 degree heat and it came right off.

·
Registered
526 Posts
how did you guys take out the rear the in in the middle of the windows that a pain i nthe ass im having a hard time on that one thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
azynboi03 said:
how did you guys take out the rear the in in the middle of the windows that a pain i nthe ass im having a hard time on that one thanks
Are you talking about the middle post in the back doors?

If so that is not taped, Skeeter took those and painted them for me.

·
Registered
526 Posts
HeGaveMeGreenEnvy said:
Are you talking about the middle post in the back doors?

If so that is not taped, Skeeter took those and painted them for me.
yea thats what i was talking about thanks also does anyone no how to take out the molding at the bottom of the windows besides the cut the blackj tape i want to make it clean thanks

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Well if you already removed most of the tape you might have a touch time. You have to roll the window down and some how shim that modling back and then remove that small peice of tape. If you havent removed the rest yet then all you need to do is shim the molding and then pull the tape and that small part at the bottom should come of.

I tried HEAT and all it did was make it more difficult, the tape would stretch too much and tear.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
^^I took just my front doors off, I like the way that looks better....almost makes it look two door at the first glance.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Sir said:
^^I took just my front doors off, I like the way that looks better....almost makes it look two door at the first glance.

that looks pretty good! i like the look alot!

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
why thank you :) I am the first person that I know of that has ONLY done the front doors.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.