Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent some time doing up the door panels of my bB.... to match the colors of the seat.....

There are differences to the door panel design between the bB and the xB... but looking at pictures, I believe the lower portion of the panel are the same. What I did was use balsa wood, very thin and light strong wood, the type for aeromodel planes, use paper, made a template, cut the wood to size, paste thin foam on top and wrap the panel with vinyl grey........ stick them up with double side tape.

Now for some lights.......

Will post more pictures when I have time to take them.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Man, that looks SHARP!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DTRAIN619 said:
Nice going Kapitan! How did you find the time to do it with all the travelling you do?
Hahhaa... it is lull period for me... have not gone anywhere since beginning of April...... so while sitting down in office idleing. think of new ideas... in fact I have just sent my car to the shop for them to fit some lights for me... will be ready this evening....

Come May, I would have to travel, then in June I will go for my holidays in australia, after that in July onwards, I probably would have to make regular trips to the US...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well, got the car back...here are pictures of the light fitted.... these are snake lights, thin strip of LED lights.....

Front seat

Back Seat

Door Open and lit up

Close up of how the strip LED lights look like...

Strip not lit...

FYG the shorter strips cost S$38, while the longer strips is S$50.... that is Singapore dollars.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
that look crazy very different i like it a lot. i think that would be hard to do on our xb's because of the shape of the panel though.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
There is a lip that you can put the lights on. I jus tfinished up with 4inch cold cathodes on mine, me and dremmel had some fun, I cut a slot on the lip and mounted the cathodes inside the door. Pics coming soon. Thanks for the idea KaptainE!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.