Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Here are the simple steps to remove the door panels both front and rear on the xB.

Remove the two screws. One is located in the door lock handle trim and the other is in the grab cup.

That's it for the screws. Next, place your fingers on the edge of the door panel close to the bottom right corner of the door panel (driver side, passenger is bottom left) and pull towards yourself. The door panel is held on by plastic anchors that simply "pop" out when you pull.

This part is optional to removing the door panel, remove the side mirror cover by pulling on the edge. It is held on by one plastic anchor and comes off easily.

Continue to pull around the outer edge of the door panel until all the plastic anchors have released then lift the door panel up and out over the door lock tabs. You will find a wiring harness connected to the power window switches and two wires going to the in door speaker.

If you wish to remove the power window switches, remove the three screws holding it in place.

Installation is the reverse of this process.

Rear door panels are done the same way.

Remove the screw in the door lock handle trim and the grab cup. Pull along the entire edge of the door panel until all the plastic anchors have released. Lift up and out over the door lock tabs.

With the door panel removed you will see the wiring harness for the power window switch.

If you wish to remove the switch and cover plate, simply squeeze on the two tabs located at either end. The switch and the cover plate will lift out through the door panel.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
backseatchris said:
i didnt take any pics cuz i didnt change anything...it was just rather exciting for me since i have never taken any piece off of a car before at all.
Your modding cherry was almost busted, next time you can change something while you have it taken apart and you'll have lost your modders virginity!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Myopic said:
Great narration and pix. This must be for a 2006 xB; on the 2005 xB there is one additional plastic push-pin at the top of each front door panel, forward of the door handle. The front switches also are held in by tabs instead of screws, just as shown for the rear switches in your post. Looks like they made some subtle improvements. Thanks for taking the time to do the detailed example.
Actually the little black push pins are there, just hard to see and seem to pop out while pulling the panel off. The switch plates, from what I've learned since doing the post can be removed from the top with a screwdriver pushing on the tabs. I wan't able to do it without knowing it would work and I think I'll still do the panel thing since it's so easy and has less of a chance of screwing up the plastic. Sorry, blah blah blah blah

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Myopic said:
("yes mom, I know, that could put an eye out")
"It's all fun and games until...."

:D

Along the lines of things popping out and falling, have you noticed that if you drop something in the engine compartment of the xB you'll probably never see it again? I swear there's a black hole in there for bolts and sockets!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Myopic said:
I understand that there is a tube that routes them to the inside of the dash, doors, pillars, and rear hatch, in order to maintain the phantom rattles which Scion strives to provide in elusive locations. Part of their Poltergeist Positioning Sensor system.
Ah, so that's what the PPSS does! I couldn't find it in the manual.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
And after removing the door panel you decide from some reason you want to remove the middle windows post on the back door, there is a philips screw at the top of the door under the gasket and there are 2 10mm bolts that the door panel hides normally. Roll the window down and then you can pull this post out. I painted them on my wifes xb and on mine. Heres the pic

·
Registered
4 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Here are the simple steps to remove the door panels both front and rear on the xB.

Remove the two screws. One is located in the door lock handle trim and the other is in the grab cup.

That's it for the screws. Next, place your fingers on the edge of the door panel close to the bottom right corner of the door panel (driver side, passenger is bottom left) and pull towards yourself. The door panel is held on by plastic anchors that simply "pop" out when you pull.

This part is optional to removing the door panel, remove the side mirror cover by pulling on the edge. It is held on by one plastic anchor and comes off easily.

Continue to pull around the outer edge of the door panel until all the plastic anchors have released then lift the door panel up and out over the door lock tabs. You will find a wiring harness connected to the power window switches and two wires going to the in door speaker.

If you wish to remove the power window switches, remove the three screws holding it in place.

Rear door panels are done the same way.

Remove the screw in the door lock handle trim and the grab cup. Pull along the entire edge of the door panel until all the plastic anchors have released. Lift up and out over the door lock tabs.

With the door panel removed you will see the wiring harness for the power window switch.

If you wish to remove the switch and cover plate, simply squeeze on the two tabs located at either end. The switch and the cover plate will lift out through the door panel.

Hey Thanks so much you are very helpful and just a plain nice person thanks again Howard

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ScooterDad said:
Hey Thanks so much you are very helpful and just a plain nice person thanks again Howard
*Don't let it get around, I have a rep to maintain! :D

·
One Armed Bandit
164 Posts
Ah, this is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Thank you!!!

Now, can you clue me in as to how to access those side marker lights? (sigh)

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
thanks for the write up Taz! i will take off the door panel maybe tomorrow to clean off of the left over egg smell after i got egged last week.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bB626 said:
thanks for the write up Taz! i will take off the door panel maybe tomorrow to clean off of the left over egg smell after i got egged last week.
That's gotta be nasty by now! Good luck.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bB626 said:
they Taz, actually, there are 3 screw. you forgot this one...
Thanks for pointing that one out, it has been addressed previously in this thread but it's always better to have too much information than not enough.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.