Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, a single LED will draw may be 10 times less power. But 25 4chip LED Monster dome light will draw more than a stock bulb. Adding strips, etc is when you gotta start counting. Besides some aftermarket festoon replacements can create an electrical short.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I have the 25 led dome board, plus three led strips.
I havent had any problems, but i still want to add that fuse!

·
Registered Effin' User
167 Posts
Tried this. Took out my led bulb and left the strips connected. And it worked. My alarm doesnt go off anymore. Why is this? Im thinking about just not running my dome light at all them because the led strips are bright enough.

Leave the strips connected but take out the bulb from the dome light and see if you still have the problem. Do you have the stock bulb there or led?

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I think the Alarm ECU reacts to the voltage drop that happens when your interior lights come on before it is actually disarmed and thinks it's a break in. If you didn't have the added lights then the drop would be smaller than it can sense (removing one of the lights made the drop smaller than what ECU could see).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just completed your safety fuse installation. It took me about 4.5 hours. I was able to find a source for 1 amp blade fuse holders (not the "mini type")but it looks exactly like a mini only spaced at .75" for the type blade fuses. they are power-werx.com

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.