Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a dyi door lock led guide? i bought some for like $35 but cant seem to find how to install them ! Any and all help appreciated!

·
Registered
92 Posts
they are real easy to put on and very bright. The hardest part is running power wire if you are running them off of a switch or the head lights. I had already ran a power wire to a switch in the doors for the LED's I have in the pocket,door handles,and around the speakers so I just put on an inline tap tee and put the ground on a bolt that holds the window in place straight down from the locks.
They make the window glow real nice right there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is their a easy way to run the power wire from the door to the in side of the car. Need to get the power wire to a switch up front. I tried running it through the lil rubber with all the other wires but had no luck. Got frustrated and stopped.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thes are just an idea of how I did it. attempt at own risk. If you have questions feel free to ask. I might be able to explain better than I do hear.

The easy way to get the wire through there is, Back door first
1:peal the vapor barrier back or take it off(your preference)
2:reach in and grab the rubber bootand slide it down the wires to the inside of the door to get it some what straight.
3:take a long skinny flat head screw driver and fold the wire over the tip.
4:take some electical or masking tape and do one wrap to hold the wire in the screw driver.
5: slide it in the boot from the bottom of the boot and position the little hole at the top of the boot so the screw drive can come through.
6: grabthe wire and pull it of the driver.
7: now try to put the boot back in possition(it is a pain but after you do it once it gets easier)

Front doors: these are much harder
1:peal back or remove vapor barrier
2:I took out the front speakers by drilling out the rivets but you could just reach in from the opening further down the door.
3:there is a white clip holding all of the wires to the inside of the door just take a flat head driver and push it in from the door jam
4:slide the boot down the wires into the door(these are harder thats why you do the rear doors first to hone your skills)
5:fold wire over tip of screw driver and wrap with tape.
6 work the screw driver through the boot and grab wire
7: replace boot.

Sorry for the crappy write up but I am in a hurry Iwake up for work in 5.5 hours.

This sounds kind of hard but be patient and dont force anything.
After you get the power wire run to a switch you can put lighting just about any where on/in your door.

When I figure out how to post pics on here I will show all of my lighting and maybe do a DIY on some lighting

·
Registered
90 Posts
cool thanks for the info I'll try it this way with a screw driver I tried a cloth hanger but I couldn't get it a ll the way through the rubber. To post pics just click on manage attachments at the bottom in the additional options section when you post a reply

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got home from work and I hooked up my Led door lights, 2 of the 4 for lights in the grab handle 2 on back order from oznium.com. thanks again for the tips but I used the bottom straight part of a coat hanger to run the wires with tape. I'll post pic later so don't call the pic po po.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Sorry to post this after you finished...I ran CAT 5 wire through both of my door sets, front and rear. This way I only have to run the wire one time and I have four pairs of wires to each door. This allows me to send power through the doors for different items. It was a beyotch to get it through, but I only have to do it once.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Sorry to post this after you finished...I ran CAT 5 wire through both of my door sets, front and rear. This way I only have to run the wire one time and I have four pairs of wires to each door. This allows me to send power through the doors for different items. It was a beyotch to get it through, but I only have to do it once.

INGENIOUS! CAT5! i would have never thought of it!:eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
cool thanks for the info I'll try it this way with a screw driver I tried a cloth hanger but I couldn't get it a ll the way through the rubber. To post pics just click on manage attachments at the bottom in the additional options section when you post a reply
Thanks on the picture tip.

·
Got Bags?
892 Posts
i don't want to have to order from superfa.
It cost too much anywhere else i can get these?

·
Registered
90 Posts
nope not that I know of if you get them off of ebay then it's still comeing from them. But that is about the cheapest you will find them.

·
Got Bags?
892 Posts
HELPPPPPP
HOW DO YOU TAP THE WIRE IN????
i recieved my lights today but i can't figure out how to tap the wire in.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.