Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Door dings and scrapes

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Tomas 
#1 ·
Is it just me or does everyone have big hulking SUV's park next to your xB? I think it's because the Box is so small it actually fits into the parking spaces. It makes me nervous to come out of a store to find a 4 x 4 F350 Superduty on one side and a Tahoe or Expedition parked on the other side. I always feel as if they dinged my Box with their Barn sized doors. Does anyone know of any OEM or aftermarket products that help protect our beloved Boxes?

#2 ·
My car is nearly 2 years old now and I have gotten 0 door dings. I have had more front end issues with things hitting it and my scrape in a driveway, UGH! Forget protecting your car from big trucks it is those little old ladies in their buick's you have to watch out for. I had a lady slam her door into my old spec-v while I was standing there and she could care less that she damaged my door. My husband had the back of his truck cab hit with probably a ladder sticking off a work truck in a grocery store parking lot. You can't protect yourself, if it is going to happen it will. Some old person may hit the gas instead of the brake and take out a dozen cars at the mall (my brother is a cop and it happens alot) Some kid who is bored takes a key to your car just for the heck of it. I have insurance and have stopped thinking about it. I just park where I feel I have the best chance of no damage like next to another box!

#3 ·
heres what i do. I park in the middle or back of a lot right in between the Lexus' and the Audi's. I refuse to park next to a big and bulky vehicles or even and empty slot. Those people with expensive cars or modded cars are just as careful as we are...so they never ding ya up. Ive had the box almost a year and ive never had a prob.

i will tell ya what does make me nervous though, parking in my college campus lot. I drive around for 10 minutes trying to find another modded or import car i can park next to. Those teen girls in their camrys and mustangs swing their doors like bats as they get out. Not to mention they are on their cells and dont even notice your car or the huge dent they just put in it.

Moral of the story, park next to expensive/modded cars. :)

#4 ·
backseatchris said:
Moral of the story, park next to expensive/modded cars. :)

I second that!!!!!!!!

My girl gets pissed cuz we will go somewhere, and I'll drive around until I find a BMW or a Benzito to park next to. But really, even then you still arent safe, cuz they might leave before you. My fav, is I went to the hospital to see my friends new baby, and there was a f350 prob with a 6"lift w/ 20" rims taking up 2 "compact only" spots :rolleyes:

#6 ·
Whenever i go out to places, I try to park as far away from any car as possible. =-) Thats the best insurance you have. I also hate when some idiot will park deliberitly right next to you although there are a million other spots in the lot! Also when i go to my college, I use the parking garage that people seldom use. Its far away but heck, I dont mind the excercise

#7 ·
Rodek said:
Is it just me or does everyone have big hulking SUV's park next to your xB? I think it's because the Box is so small it actually fits into the parking spaces. It makes me nervous to come out of a store to find a 4 x 4 F350 Superduty on one side and a Tahoe or Expedition parked on the other side. I always feel as if they dinged my Box with their Barn sized doors. Does anyone know of any OEM or aftermarket products that help protect our beloved Boxes?
The only time I've gotten any parking lot rash is when this idiot parked in the reserved (leased) parking spot next to me... It wasn't his slot. He was drunk when he backed in, scraped the paint on my door (no ding) as he clambered out, and couldn't even get his POS between the lines. He vehicle was towed by the time he woke up again, and he was looking for another apartment by the end of the month.

Why do idiots pick on our poor defenseless boxes?

#8 ·
Tomas,

This is precisely what I'm talking about..... I hope you were able to get the parking lot rash repaired...

My area is riddled with tourists who tend to "Dent and Dash". Spring Breakers, Summer Travelers and the like... Typically the overloaded SUV or Daddy's car that the passenger freely "kicks the door open" when they get out of their crooked "parked on the line" vehicle.

#9 ·
Yeah, damage to mine was very light - careful work with polishing compound took care of it - it was just very visible scuffing of the clearcoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.