Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
They forgot to put oil in my buddy's T-bird. Ruined his engine. I will never go to Jiffy Lube.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
xjeepguy said:
They forgot to put oil in my buddy's T-bird. Ruined his engine. I will never go to Jiffy Lube.
How the hell did they forget to put oil in the engine?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Lots of times, to speed things up, they will have two guys working a car - one 'up top' and one 'in the pit.' Sometimes the 'communication' fails and the guy in the pit thinks the guy up top has filled the sump, and turns the car back to the customer... Oops!

Other times it is simply that the mouth-breathing high school drop out has the attention span of an immature gnat, and just 'forgot'...

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
That's got rip you off all over it. Not good -- better than 50% -- 5 out of 9.
I hope that regional mgr loses his happy a$$ job. What a piece of crap.

·
Registered
827 Posts
caden_stargate said:
How the hell did they forget to put oil in the engine?
He started his engine, and saw the oil light was on and shut it off right away, but it was too late. The JL guy had it idling outside the shop for a few minutes and drove it around front. Turns out they hired a new guy and he wasn't sure what he was doing. It was hell trying to get them to pay for the engine, but they finally did.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I used to work at Grease Monkey, and I know that we never did anything like this. We did the services that we sold, because we only profited and got a little break while the machines were doing its thing. Try servicing 130 cars in a 6 hr span, and you tell me you wouldn't forget something like an additive. Not defending those dudes though. They are just straight up robbing people.:mad:

·
Registered
131 Posts
i will never go there and i have never been there. but if that happen to me i'm gonna beat some one up lol. for real. don't play with my MONEY.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great heads up...moral of the story...dont assume anything!!!!! Got some new tires at a Goodyear center on my friends b-mer.....drove out of thier entry and the right front wheel fell off!!!! They didnt even tighten the lugs! Do you not think the guy backing out the car may have noticed some kinda wobble????

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
well yea people got screwed, and that sucks. what jiffy lube did was completely immoral, so i wont stand up for them, but boxlover knows how it is i think. we get around 100 cars a day in rural Kearney to work on at Walmart, and we do our best, but no doubt things get overlooked i bet. we have a computerized checklist to go through, but then again, for each car there are usually at least 5 people working on it, and 8 different bays of cars. when calling out codes, numbers, checklists, and everything, it gets hectic as hell. in a combination of upper bay, lower bay, courtesy, tire worker, and random helper, its busy, i wont lie. im not defending jiffy lube, im defending people who work in the oil change business and what they go through with shitty customers who are hard to deal with. i hope people dont bash just because a friend of a friend of a cousin had a bad expierence. just my noob .02 if it matters. theyre probably doing theyre best and it was an honest mistake if something went wrong with a car. (im NOT talkin about this jiffy lube incident)

scotty

·
Registered
827 Posts
I understand mistakes will be made, and things will happen. The thing that went bad in my buddy's case was the fact that JL didnt want to replace his engine. He had to threaten a lawsuit, then they wanted to get some cheapo reconditioned motor, when he had just put a ford crate motor in it 1 year before. He eventually got it replaced with another ford crate motor, but it took alot to get it done. He wasnt as angry at the kid that did it as he was with the corporation. They should have tried to make it right the first time.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
yea that would piss me off that the corporation wouldnt cooperate, but like anyone else, theyre just out to make money, and replacing engines wont do that for them. it sucks it has to be that way.

scotty

·
Registered
949 Posts
anywhere could do that too you think about it like have your wife or girlfriend go to some shop and they are like well you need this and that when you really don't...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I take my ride to EZ Lube every time I need an oil change. But I also stand outside and keep an eye on them the whole time. It keeps them in check, plus the manager handles all the cars that come in w/ mods and stuff done to the engine. It doesn't bother me one bit. Then when its all done, they always have me come check everything out before they close up the hood. THATS QUALITY SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.