Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok So i used Car Spa a week ago. i had liked the work they had done in the past. well car spa is the drive through touch car wash where you put the car in neutral drive up on the the thing that rolls you through and you dont steer or brake or do anything it does it. well as i drive out of the thing to pull up to have my car detailed the lady that inspected it before i went in the washer, tells me MY BUMPER FELL OFF!!!!!!!! ok well when she said this i knew she ment my ground effects. my car was still New still has the dealer plates on! I came unglued and thought i was going to kill someone!!! i have never been that angery in my life!

Well I went up there today to talk to the Regional Manager to get this taken care of because i've been getting the run around all freakin' week. The General Manager told me that this guy would be here today to look at it well he was't so after i discouraged many of their customers from using them again they told me i could find this dude at another location so we drive all the way there and the regional manager looks at my car and says he will fix the back but where they meesed up the passanger side they wont fix it because he claims "HIS" car wash did not do this. this is the point i told him my lawer would be in contact with him!!

So please DON"T USE CAR SPA!!!!! PLEASE!!!!:mad:

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
that sucks ive hears aweful stories of all those places. i went to one where they let the car ride on the track and when it came out my hub cap was rolling along the track scratching it with every revolution. needless to say i got that car wash and detail for free but i will never return to one of those places. id way rather ride around with it dirty knowing it will not be in someone elses hands and i wont have to deal with the liability of having it messed up, and i know when i wash it it will take a few hours but i will be 100% satisfied.

again sorry to hear about your misfortune, i hope they square with you.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
We should have a warning thread about ALL brush car washes. You should NEVER take the xB through those, no matter if it's one of the fancy ones where they hand-dry, or drive-through ones like at the gas station. Use ONLY brushless washes! The reason, as you found, is the brushes can catch between the edges of the bumpers, ripping them right off. The also loosen spoilers! Also brushes scratch up your paint, imagine all the dirt being repeatedly rubbed all over other areas of your paint. These are the reasons I only ever handwash mine (or brushless when I can find one). Or I just don't wash it :eek: as of lately ...

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
We have one around here I used to use with my factory wheels and hubs, it was known as Squeaky Clean carwash. Soft brush, paint safe and all. For all the cars I've had, and at 10 bucks for the most expensive wash, the car came out clean as a whistle, no water spots either. If you have one around town, I recommend it. Could be just a mid-west or even, just more local company. Anyways, I don't use the place anymore because of the not so factory width of the wheels, but as for my experience with a wash like that, I had to research through many a muscle car guys to find a place that wouldn't hurt the paint but would actually clean the car.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with such a place! Scream and throw stuff until you get your way, i say! I wouldn't stand for that, because you know that the car wash did it to your car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh im not going to stand for it!!!!! they will fix it!!!! i'm done with all that. touchless from now on or i do it my self!!!!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I only use the power washer ones you do yourself. I dont trust any machine to wash my car (especially with odd proportions with a front lip sticking out and a huge spoiler off the back). The odds of me getting stuck inside the car wash is too high (being high centered on some piece). Ill just continue to use the power washers and good ole garden hoses.

scotty

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Sorry that happened

I haven’t let a carwash touch my xB since adding the vinyl.

Did you take any ‘pics of the damage?
Hopefully right after it happened before you left the carwash.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Lol robert.
true true he will do a stand up job... if youve got an extra $9000. laying around for a car wash.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yeah, but that's only IF he'll touch your car. He doesn't do anything less than Italian vehicles I think.

Now if you can find a whole buncha Lamborghini emblems, and somehow got the box to sell as a special production.............THEN he might do it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah, but that's only IF he'll touch your car. He doesn't do anything less than Italian vehicles I think.

Now if you can find a whole buncha Lamborghini emblems, and somehow got the box to sell as a special production.............THEN he might do it.
actually he'll wash anything if you wanna pay him to do it...However he prefers Porsche, since they tend to have the best paint to start with....
http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/auto-detailing-home.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.