Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '06 Avalon has 2 dome lights, one in front and one in the back. They are very bright. I was thinking of ordering both and installing them on my XB. The one in front has a garage door opener holder. Is there room enough under the headliner for this? Has any done this?

Thanks,

RayJ

·
Registered
260 Posts
Headliner info....

I installed an overhead flat screen monitor in my Xb. There was about an inch of space between the headliner and the roof panel. The roof is single wall construction. The support braces are less than one inch deep. You will need to mount your overhead console to the cross braces for maximum strength.Most consoles are flush mount and do not require any depth past the headliner, unless you have one that is recessed. Check your measurements before you start. Also make sure the cross braces [ roof supports ] are close enough together for the console to mount to, otherwise , you will have to fab some custom mounts to scew it to. Carefull to not drill into the roof panel, your screws will pop up through to the outside.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Over on SL there is a DIY on adding a second dome light in the tech section. You might want to check it out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just changed mine out for a 3 light chandelier and a pair of wall sconces in the rear plenty of light now.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.