Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got a question. If you paint the dome light cover with that translucent paint that you paint that you paint your tail lights with will the light be that color now? Or will any light be able to be seen through the paint? Hope someone understands this...lol.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Its bright its just too far back to do any damn good. I would spray a very light coat and then you might want to look into the LED bulbs or just find something with more watts. The dome circuit has a 15amp fuse under the hood, on it so you could at 12 volt and 15 amps feesibly run a according to ohms law 180watt bulb. The bulb is either a 10 x 31mm or 10 x 36mm, at the bottom of this page are some LED dome bulbs. And they have mini bulbs for the ac controlls.

Power is equal to voltage time current, p=i*e

so 12volts * 15amps= 180 watts, 13,8volt * 15 amps = 207 watts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Y'know everyone talks about how bad the interior light is, bad placement, not good output, whatever, but I've never had any issue with it. It's no different to me than any of the other cars I've owned!

I wouldn't paint them, though, even translucent, but as long as you expect that the light output (and in the position it's in) will be less ...

·
Registered
178 Posts
i put a hyper white bilb in mine and it brightened it up alot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.