Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
parked the rs3 next to a crowd of people on sunday and left the dog in the back seat.... armed the alarm and headed off in search of bank, shop, etc.... come back an hour and a bit later to hear the alarm blaring, the dog freaking out and the crowd of people on the verge of tears..." has that been going off the whole time" i said... " not constantly, but about 3 different times with a short break between...we think it was the dog setting it off"

Damn radar alarm thingy.

I'd be pleased about it though if someone reached in when the windows were down ( like I'd leave the windows down )

:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Even my non-RS would do that - if the dog inside barked at anyone while my optional Scion alarm was armed, the microphone in the center bottom of the dash would pick up the sudden sharp loud sound and go off, setting the dog off, setting the alarm off, setting the dog off, setting - well, you get the idea... :D

(Just a sharp rap on a window will set it off - in fact that is the test one uses, per the manual, to adjust the sensitivity of the mic...)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Tomas said:
Even my non-RS would do that - if the dog inside barked at anyone while my optional Scion alarm was armed, the microphone in the center bottom of the dash would pick up the sudden sharp loud sound and go off, setting the dog off, setting the alarm off, setting the dog off, setting - well, you get the idea... :D

(Just a sharp rap on a window will set it off - in fact that is the test one uses, per the manual, to adjust the sensitivity of the mic...)
Your factory one is more sensitive than mine then, it didn't go off when the 3 bbs shattered the back window a while back..

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
DEFINATELY needs to be adjusted!

Here's the installation manual for the alarm system (http://tijil.org/xbsecurity.pdf) that shows where the unit - and it's adjustment - are located. The dealer was REQUIRED to made this adjustment WHEN THEY INSTALLED THE ALARM.

You can make the adjustment yourself if you want, but the dealer should do it under warranty if the alarm system doesn't work as described in the owner's manual for it: http://tijil.org/xB_VIP.pdf (See page 11 of the owner's manual.)

When mine was installed the dealer had not made ANY adjustment for sensitivity - the unit was still on "1" and you could have beat on it with a sledge and it wouldn't have noticed. I adjusted mine myself.

From other discussion of this it appears that most dealers skip over the adjustment step...

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I had the tech guys demonstrate the alarm to me when they installed it to make sure it worked and he did the key thing. Kinda made me cringe when he was banging on my window with a key :(

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hey Tomas, Roy's was installed and adjusted by the Scion Port and not the dealer. Probably why it isn't adjusted.

I had been thinking about the radar thing on the RS3 and pets. Too bad about your pup! Sorry man!

-Alex

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks for the info Tomas, I'll be talking to the dealer or someone real soon to get that fixed. I've never tried the key tap, maybe I should just to see how mine is set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.