1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this off D.M.V web site for CA. D.M.V
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25400.htm
Lighting Requirements

25400. (a) Any vehicle may be equipped with a lamp or device on the exterior of the vehicle that emits a diffused nonglaring light of not more than 0.05 candela per square inch of area.

(b) Any diffused nonglaring light shall not display red to the front, but may display other colors. A diffused nonglaring light shall not resemble nor be installed within 12 inches or in such position as to interfere with the visibility or effectiveness of any required lamp, reflector, or other device upon the vehicle.

(c) A diffused nonglaring lamp or device, other than a display sign authorized by subdivision (d), shall be limited in size to an area of 720 square inches and where any lease, rental, or donation is involved the installation of the lamp or device shall be limited to those vehicles operated either primarily within business or residential districts or municipalities, or between business districts, residential districts, and municipalities in close proximity.

(d) An internally illuminated sign emitting not more than 0.25 candela per square inch and possessing copy which does not contain a white background may be displayed on each side, but not on the front or rear, of a trolley coach or of a bus being operated in urban or suburban service as described in Section 35107 of this code.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yellow_sub said:
*sits and waits for brad to reply*
me to ...... wait... I am looking at 25400.(a) & (b)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I thought the same thing. Thats what the law says here in Florida. We just cant drive with Blue, Red, or Yellow. Which sucks cuz my XB is blue. What color do you put with that??? DUH BLUE!!! So Im SOL until I find graphics to accent my car.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
dekthai said:
i always thought underglows were legal as long as the tubes are not visible and the color is not red or blue indictive to emergency vehicles. this was a while back when i spoke to pierre at autoi.com (shop that does the FnF cars :p)
Pretty much, Thats what I've always told people.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think that ANY lighting NOT put on your car AT THE TIME of manufacture is illegal.

Cops wont always bust you, but I am pretty sure the law is on their side with underbody glow while your ride is in motion.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heathenbrewing said:
I think that ANY lighting NOT put on your car AT THE TIME of manufacture is illegal.

Cops wont always bust you, but I am pretty sure the law is on their side with underbody glow while your ride is in motion.

yea if parked its a go on the go is a no no :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.