Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

i was looking at fuses today because my cruise control doesn’t work, and I found this dangling. Any ideas as to where it goes?

·
Old School xB Builder
1,592 Posts
That's part of your cruise control the actual cruise control harness is multiple harnesses that would be hanging below your steering column 1 into the harness goes through the firewall

Sent from my pimped out xB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's part of your cruise control the actual cruise control harness is multiple harnesses that would be hanging below your steering column 1 into the harness goes through the firewall

Sent from my pimped out xB
Any idea where that one wire would go? My cruise hasn’t worked since I got the car. I’m wondering if that is the reason?

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
918 Posts
If that wire is brown, it is most likely the power source for the Rostra cruise control. The red plastic add-on receptacle connecter is the one which comes with kit number 250-1755.

If installed per the Rostra instructions, the brown wire attaches using a red plastic T-Tap on the black 11 pin connector 1N, on the backside of the block. Identifier 1N is not indicated anywhere on the connector. The black and white wire needed is on the bottom row, second wire in, position six, starting from the passenger side of the car. The T-Tap is clamped to a black/white wire on pin number six. It is difficult to position yourself in the car to see the backside of the block and difficult to remove the connector to add the T-Tap.

Instead of following the Rostra instructions, I added an in-line circuit fuse to the end of the brown wire and plugged it into the unused fuse panel slot above the 15-amp fuse marked ACC. I changed the brown wire’s receptacle connector to a flat blade connector. The Rostra cruise control wiring harness has two in-line fuses of its own, but I wanted the entire circuit protected.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts