Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy cow, I have been beating on this thing and can't get it to budge. :mad: I purchased a Ichibahn e-brake handle with orange leather on it to match the Hot Lava interior. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
At one point, I was supposed to take a pic of my new one.

Lemme just tell ya, it took about 8 people (4 per side) to pull the handle off. There's no reason to cut it. Get some vice grips and 8 people together, and make sure the handle is out of the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm gonna try the hairdryer trick & see if that works. I'm also replacing the shifter boot & e-brake boot with a perf. leather & orange pipeing from RedLine. On the top of the boot I'm replacing the crome collar with a LED orange clear one. I'll post a pic when I get it all done. Thanks again for the info! :)

·
3,453 Posts
Sid.......You're my hero. :D

I still say if you want to keep it in case you wanna go back to stock, get 8 people and pull it off. OR, use a RAZOR sharp knife....though don't hold ME responsible when your interior looks a lot like ketchup's and you're driving yourself to the hospital with your thumb in an icebag..... LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I managed to get it off. I took the Sid approach and removed the whole e-brake assembly. I used my soldering gun that has a platic cutting wedge. Heated it up and cut through the handle to remove it. I installed a Redline shift & e-brake boot in perf. black leather with orange pipeing. A new shift knob & e-brake handle. A LED collar hat fits under the shift knob & wired it to the cup holder lights. It turned out pretty good. I'll try to snap a picture and post it tonight.

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
LOL boom. i think i should do that mod it would be added blood splatters. i swear if i get pulled over i don't know what to say to the five 0. "officer my shifter isn't a real hand, i swear."

·
3,453 Posts
^^ Dude, that would look sick man! Now if you can just find a 'hand' that is comfortable while shifting....Hmmmm.....Any graveyards nearby?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts