Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
box with lowered suspension and 18" wheels/rims offered by scion?
just want to to see if it looks like i want it to or if i should order a stock box and get wheels/rims and lowering after i take delivery. am thinking polar white at the moment!
thanks

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You could get a lot nicer wheels for less money. Or really nice wheels for about the same price.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yes, you can get better wheels for half the price than what a dealer would offer. Some salespeople will keep it straight w/ you and only sell you what you want, others will do what they can to squeeze every cent out of you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
have you considered getting a set of used wheels?? sometimes you can find someone that needs some quick cash....just a thought if you don't have much money like me!:(

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
The TRD wheels are nice. But they are pricey.

Here's a good example of why I like them. They are powdercoated black, on a black xA, w/ a lip kit. The car belongs to a good friend.

Not the best pic, but I really like his xA.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Pricey, and can you imagine how many xb's were sold with that rim package!?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have decided,

to get rims and tires after taking delivery, to save a few bucks and get what i want. but how does the scion lowered suspension ride? or should a guy get that afterwards too? the box will be driven almost daily so i don't want it too low i have to watch for every pot hole or bump, but i want it low enough to look and still be functional.
by the way that hot lava box is being used as my back ground, wish i could get that color in a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
hey man, I have the TRD springs with Panther 18" wheels and my ride is just fine. It's a little stiff and you feel all the bumps, but that is expected with lowering springs and 18" wheels. The height is low enough to notice and make a difference to fill in the wheel gap. I did the TRD's because I live out in the land of road construction and steep driveways and I've only scraped a handfull of times. I kinda want to go lower, but after seeing how close I come to scraping in the driveways and roads, I change my mind :p Like you I drive mine daily and alot!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
We're both on Goldlines and I think the ride improved with the GL versus stock springs. I know someone on TRD's and mine rides better, even he thinks so.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
We're both on Goldlines and I think the ride improved with the GL versus stock springs. I know someone on TRD's and mine rides better, even he thinks so.
Same here. The ride is so much better with the Goldlines. The 2" drop is just right, TRD's are only 1" (I believe), but you gotta do what's best for your driving situation. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.