Votes: 4 18.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i just wanna see how many people think it's possible...i'm revealing how i'm planning to set it off but i can tell you i am determine to get it..
a 400+hp xb....

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
with time, work, and lots of $$$ put into it, it is possible.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LuminicsBulbsDotCom said:
Yes it is possible and there are a couple out there that are pushing over 400Hp.
who i haven't meet r heard about any xb's running over 400

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
It can happen, but not w/ a 1NZ.

·
Registered
6 Posts
LuminicsBulbsDotCom said:
A friend of mine has a XB hes suppose to be around 450 another friend of mine built a XB that was at SEMA its RWD and at the end should have over 500+ toyota motor turbo nitrous.

:confused: where can this XB be found? What mods does he have? A 400+xb? Yeah unless you do a swap it's possible. On it's factory engine? Yeah I'd like to see that :cool:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yup, no engine or interior. I know a couple of well-known peeps who had to use their influence to have the windows tinted while the car was being set-up at SEMA. Not too mention figure which wires were needed to get the windows rolled up so no one could see inside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not my style but creative non the less. So basically this is a project in the up coming, cool. Hopefully she performs as pretty as she'll look ;)

Tell your boy to drop a 4g63 in that baby :p . It's a 4 banger as well and can put out over 400hp too :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i wanna use the factory engine in my project.,.that's why i wanted to noe who doesn't think it's possible..

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Neo, its not cost effective using the 1NZ if you want more than 6 psi. Anything more w/o upgraded the internals will cause the rods to snap like toothpicks.

Plus, you my have to change out the feul tank and replace it w/ a fuel cell and a higher psi fuel pump. Not too mention, you'll have to research which injectors you'll need. 330cc injectors won't help if you want 400+ hp.

Also, is it 400 hp at the crank, or the wheels?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Oh, I know someone running 6 psi, and is at 145 whp, and still needs fine tuning.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
And, the tranny will need beefing up also. Better just to go w/ a motor swap.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my friend was even tellin me that i am probably gona have to even modify the engine bay...

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
neo24 said:
my friend was even tellin me that i am probably gona have to even modify the engine bay...
It all depends on what motor and tranny you deicde to go with. You may want to get an LSD also. And you'll have to find a shop that will be able to make you a custom set of half-shafts that will be able to withstand the beating they will going to take from all of the hp being thrown down.

I know this turbo EK that keeps spinning the wheels because the of huge amount of hp. I get sore forearms all of the time driving it because it has an LSD also.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cause I am the type that doesn't swicth out of the blu...I like to contiue with wat I have and not swap unless I really intend to.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
First, as anybody here will say, ANYTHING is possible. Can you get 400WHP out of the 1.5L in the xB? Sure you can, but what makes it a 1NZ motor? You will need to completely replace the head, crank, pistons/rods, intake, exhaust, fuel system, and transmission. Also, you'll probably need to alter the engine block to handle MUCH higher temps.

Now, is that still a 1NZ motor? I suppose that's up to you.

So, can it be done? With enough money, time, and experience, sure. What's it worth to you?

-Alex

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.