Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've never done my xb but have heard it's a tedious process. Also they say if you drop your clay bar, it's useless because dirt can scratch the paint. Just got a pressure washer and love how that thing cleans. Have only used the spray on wax and buff stuff.

·
Dyke in a Box
1,482 Posts
I've never done my xb but have heard it's a tedious process. Also they say if you drop your clay bar, it's useless because dirt can scratch the paint. Just got a pressure washer and love how that thing cleans. Have only used the spray on wax and buff stuff.
You can get a Nanoskin pad that's washable, so if you drop it you just rinse it off and you're good to go. It's not any more tedious than waxing by hand.

The only time I clay the xB is if I have to drive it while it's undipped, because I want a contaminant free surface for dipping. On a normal vehicle, two or three times a year will suffice.

I'm a moderator at /r/Autodetailing and our wiki has tons of good info.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Haven't made the jump to dip the whole car yet... Only wheels and the hood, graphics, and a couple inside pieces. It would be nice to get that pro kit. Don't steal my idea but I plan on doing the nardo grey on my xb in the future. Basically looks like the cement grey for the tc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts