Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
hotbox05 said:
got it out but even with thge spaces shown liek how you have your's chris the bolt couldn't get anywhere near tight cause there was still slack. so then i cut the spacer in half , and i put it in the correct spot , but now it's still too short. and that bolt they give is WAY too long. and with all the damn effort getting the old links out and putting the new ones in i'm screwed.

gotta go buy some bolts or spacers and then cut the bolt down to size. this REALLY , REALLY sucks. forgot to add i get to ride my bicycle to the damned hardware store too. SUCKS
That's why I suggested getting the 4" Grade 8 bolts. If you put the spacers in like Chris did you shouldn't have any slack in there. Are you sure you bought the right kit for your Box?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Spiderbox said:
so if i measured that spacing while the car was on jackstands would it be different than if it was on the ground?

i'm too fat to fit under the car while its on the ground so its impossible for me to check

just use ramps so the suspension is compressed.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
That's why I suggested getting the 4" Grade 8 bolts. If you put the spacers in like Chris did you shouldn't have any slack in there. Are you sure you bought the right kit for your Box?
yeah same kit. the kit seems to be meant for thicker a arms and thicker anti swaybar tab. but i got a grade 8 bolt and made it work.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
hotbox05 said:
yeah same kit. the kit seems to be meant for thicker a arms and thicker anti swaybar tab. but i got a grade 8 bolt and made it work.
Coolio! :D :D :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did it on my vitz RS and didn't use spacers.. I suspect I may have compressed the bushings too much but the car feels very nice now.
Suspension & steering feel a lot firmer, haven't gone on any bad road s yet though.
I'm very impressed so far.

·
Registered
314 Posts
got all the parts ready for the install. was wondering if it matters what side the washers go on? it looks a bit rounded so i was wondering if using a certain side against the bushing was more effective? thanks.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.