Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part 1

I was given the opportunity along time ago on here to get my hands on an electronic based manual for the 1st gen xB and took the liberty of turning them into pics so i could post them here....mainly for the techy people who dont need actual progress pics to follow.

Fluid and Level:

Broken Down:

Disassembly:

Reassembly:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Awesome Thread!!! My ebrake was soft when I purchaced my xb with 125k miles on it. I changed the rear shoes and its like new again.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
honestly its pretty easy to do, it just takes some time. but sooner rather than later i will have my DIY done with progress pics when i did mine and you shall see its not that difficult i promise!

·
TDL_ldt
1 Posts
I looked everywhere for instructions like these but ended up watching a YouTube video by Scotty Kilmer about five times before I did em. Easier than I thought. Thank You for this!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered some brake shoes from NAPA today, tore into the ol rusty drums, took everything out.

Then I noticed the new front shoes don't have the pin that the 'Automatic Adjuster Lever' swivels on (you can see it in Step 8 of disassembly). Anybody else ever run into this problem? Or know what I could do?

There's no way to get the thing to stay, and I can't pull the pin off of the old shoe because it's peened in there. This blows, cause now I have to borrow a car to get to the damn store again. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.