Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, since we DO have some new guys/gals coming on here everyday, and some of them are even new to the whole 'modifying' game, like I was. I have decided to do a DIY for removing the Tail lights.

Tools:

Socket Wrench
10mm Socket
Socket Extender
Your Fingers

First, Assemble your Socket Wrench with the extender and the 10mm Socket.

Then Open your hatch and remove the little access door to your wiring.

Locate the two bolts (this is a pic of the top, and hardest to get at one) and lossen them up.

OEM-Then unplug the wires from the back of the housing, and pull the tails off.
NO PIC AVAILABLE BECAUSE I HAVE LED TAILS

LED TAILS- Unhook the wires, and pull off.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL DOH! thanks I was doing a write up for someone, I'll change that right now :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Nice job Sam. A little helpful hint...when you are loosening or tightening the nuts, apply pressure to the tail light housing and it will make it easier to turn the nuts. You can also get a much better seal if you apply the pressure when re-installing the tail lights.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
hmm...i think i tightened it when i re-installed the taillights after i painted them. ill go check tomorrow.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, when I was taking the pictures of the bolt I noticed mine were Loose!! :O I need to tighten them again.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
i've just tightened the bolts right now. i was surprised they are not tightened.

·
Registered
611 Posts
what a great writeup diy. going to change my lights soon to LED's.

so it's only 1 bolt and electric wiring harness to loosen up?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
ayS said:
what a great writeup diy. going to change my lights soon to LED's.

so it's only 1 bolt and electric wiring harness to loosen up?
There are two bolts. 10mm. It's too hard to get a picture of the second one, it's too far down and back. You can reach your hand back there and feel it though.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I only took a pic of the top one, because it is the hardest to get to, the first one is right there, I just could not get my camera at the right angle to take a pic of it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
does anyone have the bBist LED Tail lights on their car? are these real nice quality?

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the black version...I love them, great quality, and VERY BRIGHT!!!! got mine off Ebay though.....

·
Registered
611 Posts
Sir said:
I have the black version...I love them, great quality, and VERY BRIGHT!!!! got mine off Ebay though.....
do you happen to have a pic? :) ;)

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
of how bright they are? not when the break is pressed....
but here is one of them lit up

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
great job

diy done right. just did these 4 days ago small hands would have been a benifit getting in tiny access and unpluging wire plug. also completed new black halo's today

Attachments

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
:confused: how SIR did you get multiple pics to post on thread i seem to get "attached images note cant see pics??? wwhat am i doing wrong.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I used photobucket....uploaded the images, then when uploaded, the thumbnail has three lines under it, copy and paste the third line of text into here.... dont use the 'attatch images' function. The third line of text should look something like this: [ IMG]http://www.clubxb.com/sirscion/haginflagin.jpg[IMG ] *of course without the spaces

·
Registered
611 Posts
Sir said:
of how bright they are? not when the break is pressed....
but here is one of them lit up

looks great. thanks for the photo image. :)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.