Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since I've taken off my rear wiper, I have no need for this rear wiper nozzle, so I decided to do this:

- Open the hatch, you will see a black plastic cover over the third brake light.

-pull straight down, and the cover will come off, exposing 2 10mm screws. once the screws are taken out, pull off the 3rd brake light, and undo the wiring harness.

-you will now see your washer nozzle, with a rubber hose going to it. (NOTE: My rubber hose is going the opposite way of yours, because I already flipped it!)

-with a finger on one side, and a flathead screwdriver on the other, push in 2 tabs, and PUSH the nozzle to the outside

-then flip the nozzle around, so the outlets are pointing up, and push the nozzle back in the hole, making sure the tabs re-engaged

-make sure the rubber hose is not kinked

-reattach the brake light, and the cover, then proceed to spray people lol.

NOTE: I did this on my friends ride yesterday, he has a 2006.5, while mine's a 2006. His rear nozzle has 2 outlets, so it sprays both ways. While mine has a single outlet.

The nozzles are adjustable. Just take a safety pin, and move the outlet around.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
As previously stated...can't wait...been trying to do this for so long...

I think Scion had alot of stuff we do in mind, thats why they make it so easy...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Good job! Bet you can't wait for a tailgater.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
hayalex6 said:
Tailgaters, and people on the side of the street get it :)
You should hit up the mall and test it out!:)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Almost wish I didn't have the rear wing now! I did that to my 65 Mustang years ago. Installed an aftermarket pump in the pony emblem. I would hit it when I was at a red light and put some water on the back window of the car in front of me. They couldn't figure out where it came from. Big fun!

·
Registered
570 Posts
HA HA HA .... gotta love that.... I was on the freeway to an event and someone in front of me washed there windshield and it splashed on my car, boy was I pissed, this would of been an oppertunity to dash in front of him and give him a bit more water for his window....LOL

·
Registered
827 Posts
That could be fun driving past the drive thru window at Mcdonalds lol. Give them a little drink back:D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
hayalex6 said:
I can aim mine so it can either hit the car beside me, or the one in front of me :)
You must mean whe you are stopped, because they aren't strong enough to hit the one in front when you are moving....

Being that i have the 06 i have 2 streams...though i would have gotten to use it this morning...When my wife got home yesterday, i sprayed her and she didn't know where it was coming from...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
You must mean whe you are stopped, because they aren't strong enough to hit the one in front when you are moving....

Being that i have the 06 i have 2 streams...though i would have gotten to use it this morning...When my wife got home yesterday, i sprayed her and she didn't know where it was coming from...
Awesome!:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Big_Kokujin said:

Actually, I have an 06 as well, but there's one stream. That one stream makes it possible to hit cars in front of me.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
would it be better to point it up and let the wind take care of the rest, or back?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have mine shooting forward, yet when I'm on the highway, it shoots back to the car behind me.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
hmm, even though I have a wing I may have to try this. If I just shot it up into the air while driving the wind should be able to handle the rest :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
DAMN IT!!! :mad:

You Stealing my Thunder!

I was going to 'debut' that mod (along with a few others) at Fusion on Saturday.

Oh well. Nice write up though! :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.