Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few PM's that I got, I have decided to post up a DIY of the installation of the xB fog lights since no one made a thread about it here. These pictures are from 3 1/2 years ago. I will try my best to remember how to install them. LOL!

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the damages that you caused. So if you broke something or hurt yourself, don't come crying to me.

In this DIY, I will show you how to install the OEM fog lights onto your 1st gen xB.

About this DIY:

Time from start to finish:
1hr & 30min

Level of difficulty in 1-10 range (where 1 stands for easy and 10 stands for extremely hard):

Tools you will need:
Tiny flat head screwdriver
Scissors (optional)

Anyway, now onto the DIY with pictures.

Lets start from the inside.

First, take out the glove box. (No tools required)

Now, if you can, reach behind the center console and pop out those 3 switch covers. If you can't, you will have to take out the center console.

Once the switch covers were off, you can see, through the holes, that there is a plug that is wrapped with tape behind the center console. Take the tape off and pull the plug out. Decide where you want the fog light switch to be at.

Plug in the switch. Try not to pull on the plug too much.

Done with the switch.

Now for the relay.

There is a fuse box cover below the steering wheel.

Grab it and pull it off.

Now this part is tricky. It is best to find someone who has skinny hands for this part. What you need to do is to plug the relay BEHIND the fuse box (as shown in the picture).

If somehow you accidentally let go of the relay, just pull out the covers (as shown in the pictures below) and retrieve the relay. It just snaps right off.

After you got the relay in, just put everything back together. It is time to go outside of the car.

Here is my car before the fog lights.

Carefully remove the fog light covers by using a small flat head screwdriver. Once you got them off, you can see that the factory fog light plug is taped if you look through the hole.

Carefully take off the tape by using a scissors. DON'T cut the wires! Once you got the tape off, pull out the plug, but don't pull it too much.

Now you can plug in the fog lights. Be sure you have the 2 clips snapped on to the fog lights. As you can see, I forgot to put the top ones on mine.

When installing the for lights, be sure to put this end first to the bumper.

Then make sure that the clip aligned with the holes.

Done.

Switched the headlights on.

Good luck!

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.