Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally installed the dual changing amber/white turn signal LEDs from Performance HID and had the problem of rapid blinking when the turn signal was activated. Its like the blinker is having a epileptic seizure.
So the solution is to use a load resistor to simulate the approximate load that a regular incandescent bulb would put on the car.
This method is a lot cheaper then buying the relay which is $16

(I personally got mine at radioshack 10 ohm wirewound resistors - 10 watt - about $2.25 comes in a pair)

Part #

What it looks like. (I cut it down cause it's too long)

So this is pretty straight forward, find the easiest way to access the wires for the turn signal bulb on your car.

To make it work you need to do is connect one side of the resister to the Turn Signal Power and the other to the ground. It dose not matter which side is connected on the resistor.
Cut and splice open the green Power like so:

Then use a connector on one side put one end of the power wire and at the other end put the resistor and the power wire together. Should look like this:

Now cut and splice open the white ground wire.

Do the same thing as the power wire using a connector. Make sure to cut the wire the same size as the resistor.

The wires should look like this when its all connected up.

Wrap it up with electrical tape to make everything sealed and water tight as possible

Here is a video on the difference.

YouTube - LED Blinker

·
Registered
887 Posts
u might want to keep a check on the area where u have the resistors, most restistors put off quite a bit of heat and can melt wires and plastic.

just tryin to help

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm not trying to jack the thread or anything, but what if I wanted to use a special relay with the LED blinkers....what kind/part number would I need to get if I wanted to go that route?

Thanks

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not trying to jack the thread or anything, but what if I wanted to use a special relay with the LED blinkers....what kind/part number would I need to get if I wanted to go that route?

Thanks
TOYOTA ELECTRONIC 4 LED FLASHER BLINKER TURN SIGNAL FIX
You just have to snap off two thin little pieces of plastic on the housing for the new flasher to plug right in.

BTW, with the new flasher none of the running lights will blink anymore when you use the lock/unlock buttons on the key remote, that's why I decided to use the load resistor and there cheaper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.