Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about making an intake manifold for my toaster. I know I can buy one but I have the time metal tools to make my own. Has anyone attempted one? I was going all aluminum or stainless. Later I will be adding a turbo setup so it will be good for that application but would there be any improvement as the motor is all stock at the moment. Just curious 🤔

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,492 Posts
You won't see much of a gain with the stock set-up. If you design it for future turbo application then you will improve the top end a bit while it's still stock, but most likely will sacrifice a bit of the lower end torque. Nothing dramatic but it'll there. That said I say go for it. Someday I'll actually build mine. I've actually got all the parts and metal, just don't have the time since I need to build my spare block, and mount the supercharger to it so I can actually measure and design the intake I want.

Ross Machine Racing makes a good intake mounting flange, Ross Machine Racing - Scion Tc 2AZ-FE Intake Flange Plate It's the one I have. I'm not sure if they still make it or not. Also I think Vivid Racing makes one but I haven't looked into it as it came out after i got the one from Ross.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts