Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is how to take apart the new Easy Street struts to do what ever you need to do. I took mine apart to put on some new top plates to lower it more, I had EZ Baked make mine, but you could have yours made by whoever. This is just the process, and the results.

first you need to take this top nut off(19MM I think), you will need to use a hex key to hold the strut while you take the nut off.

After you remove the nut you will need to unscrew this part.

next you will need to remove this metal "ring", I just used my pocket knife to get up under the top edge, and get it going.

then just grab it and finish pulling it off, careful not to loose it.

now you can just lift the plate off. if you are replacing with an different one put it back on in between the two white plates like so.

and then just put everything back on like you took it off.

here is a before and after with the new plates on.

before, stock mounting plate.

After, new drop plate.

you may see more of a dramatic result but the frame braces under the car are on the ground on mine now, and I am only running 16s.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
HOLY [email protected]!!! I want to be that low someday. So if your front bags blow out or you loose an air line while on the free way, then you're pretty much screwed??? AWESOME!!! You just keep making me more and more jealous with your sick mods.
ha ha yeah kinda. but oh well right? you got to pay to play, ha ha

thanks 4 tha DIY Goth m gonna b takin mine apart hopefully next week
cool, be sure and take some pics.

That turned out really well. Added a good amount of drop.
thanx. I am not sure how much more it will go. with the 16s on the frame braces sit on the ground. I put the steelies on today until I get an alignment, and it does not but the axle is still rubbing on the frame even after cutting the pinch weld off, so I am not completely sure how much it has in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.