Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this box to try and repair it. Because of the big bumper cover I didn't see the amount of damage to the passenger side frame rail. Two usual options were to take it to professional shop or to take out the engine and then use the hydraulics to push the rail diagonally against the driver side firewall. I've tried several contraptions before doing it this way and to tell you the truth this was better than pulling the engine since it gave me more control of bending the rail in certain spots and not just one by moving the big orange rail back and forth.
After it was done I inspected the rail and found a hairline crack on the engine side which I welded. I am not saying you should do it this way but I think it's at least a step above yanking the car chained to a tree ;).

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys. All auction fees included it was $1800. I ended up changing everything on the front suspension which was not needed. Ball joints, control arms, tie rods, struts, mounts, links etc... all of that was around 500...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't it the best feeling to get them going again? :) BTW Nice job on the box, next time if you need to spray paint a piece just search for spray max 2k...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thank you guys. All auction fees included it was $1800. I ended up changing everything on the front suspension which was not needed. Ball joints, control arms, tie rods, struts, mounts, links etc... all of that was around 500...
Insidethebox, Where did you purchase car from, Copart??
That's who I was using for a while..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.