Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air filter - $20

Clamps - $10

Hose Adapter - $5

Hose - $15

Pipe w/ air flow sensor port - $5

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions or suggestions. I know it's not the prettiest intake set up but it beats the cost of a an already built intake or the hassle of getting pipes to fit.

Attachments

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
The hose off the end of the filter doesn't do anything, FYI. Air follows the path of least resistance. (fluid dynamics)

I'd love some more in-depth photos :D

---------- Post added 08-11-2013 at 07:46 PM ----------

We used to build our own intakes all the time back in the day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it looks like I need to flip the direction and position of the parts but I'm on the right track lol

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
Unless the filter is entirely enclosed, it's just going to suck in the air that's around it, regardless of where that tube goes, though.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,577 Posts
LiquidSnak is right, unless you enclose the filter then it draws the most air from where it has the least resistance. Looks a lot like an intake I built years ago for my MX-6 before there was anything afternarket for it. Try using some 5-6" inner diameter drain pipe to enclose the filter and then the hose will be doing something. Good job on it though.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
It certainly looks nice.
I just think you could get the same results or better by swiss cheesing the OEM airbox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.