Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to install my amp under the passanger seat. I am routing the main power wire through that large plug group on the upper driverside firewall. I know how to remove the dash to run the speaker and remote wires. My question is how do you remove the center console with and automatic? I know about the screw in the back. Also is there an easy way to run wires under the carpet.

Thank You

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I don't really have a DIY for this one although I did the amp install under both front seats.

You can run the wires under the carpet, lift it up at the door edge and look for the holes that are already cut in the material...you can run the wires through there. Remember to run your power wires down one side of the vehicle and the audio lines down the other.

If you have specific questions feel free to send me a PM.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the pics it will really help. Do I just unscrew the two screws on the shifter to the automatic and take the knob off as well?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have a 5 speed so I can't speak to taking off the center console. I would think it would work the same though. Just take out the screw in the rear cup holder, then pull up on the front of the console by the forward cupholders. They will take some effort but the console will pull up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right it just poped off. Thank You I will try to finish the job today it is a nice install. I have been slowed up by the firewall but it is my own fault. Wanted to make it look "clean" so I decided to make my own hole in the firewall.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You are right it just poped off. Thank You I will try to finish the job today it is a nice install. I have been slowed up by the firewall but it is my own fault. Wanted to make it look "clean" so I decided to make my own hole in the firewall.
Be sure to use a grommet on the wires where they go through the firewall, don't want anything shortting out!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That has been my whole problem. I used a small screwdriver drill to start the hole. Then it turned out I didn't have a bit big enough for the gromet. Bought a new bit set and turns out I cant get my drill back there. I have it all installed now when I get my camera back I will post pics. The whole thing was a big head ache, but the sound is great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys. I know this is really really late reply to this thread, BUT, I have a question for the two of you:

I am currently doing the exact same thing you guys are. I too cannot find a clean way through my firewall. Do either of you have any tips and/or pics of how to get through that darn wall so I can wire my amp?

Thanks,
Dominic

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
look on the driverside from the engine bay and ull see the big rubber piece with other wirng. i think very carefully poke a whole in that and slide ur wire throguh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.