Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Dirtyrice, I didn't know you had an xB, I guess it make sense if you are on this forum! When did you get it? It looks pretty cool btw!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah we have one...LOL. We bought it in May. We traded in our Matrix XRS for it in Massachusetts while we were up there for work. Our permanent address is in Louisiana but we are in California till Feb. 20th or so. I have more pics if you want to see them. I need to resize them to put them on here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Yes we do. My family thinks I'm in the witness protection program with as much as we move around...hehehe. My resume looks like crap though.
That pic above was taken in Boston (Roxbury) and the one in my profile was in Maine. We are in California (NorCal) now till Feb 20th, then back to Louisiana. I wish I had a few sponsors because we could REALLY get our car exposed to different regions of the country rather than the 'saturated' Cali scene. They would be happy with the exposure, I'm sure!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Are you always having a good time tho? Whereever you are?? :)

I always wanted to live in Maine when I was young, then when I got older I realized it gets cold there!! LOL Is it really as beautiful as it looks in pics?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It's pretty nice up there. People in Massachusetts talk about them like the rest of the country talks about the south...it's weird. They think the people in Maine are 'backwoods', but we really didn't see it. It is just that there is no industry there to support the high society that Boston has. It does get cold though! LOL.

As far as having a good time? Yes, we do enjoy it. We get to see the country. It just sucks to try to mod this xB and not have a driveway or garage to work in....LOL. We have been to Ohio (6 months) Pennsylvania (3.5 months) Massachusetts (11 months) Ohio again (6 months) Massachusetts again (5 months) Massachusetts yet again (5 months) and now California (7 months). We always have a little time off between assignments and head home to Louisiana to catch up on things and switch out clothes and such. I have travelled more the last few years than I ever did in my whole life prior!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Oh yeah, for someone who keeps moving around alot, they have a really nice xB. Nice peeps too!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THX Squirrel. And ScionDoll...Your xB has come a long way over the past few months! Hotbox, We move around because my wife is a travelling Radiologic Technologist (x-ray tech). She is basically a fill-in, like if someone is going on maternity leave or breaks a leg, the hospital needs to fill that position, so thats my wife's role. Or if someone quits, you can't just hire someone off the street for this, you need a licensed professional, and my wife will fill in till they find the right replacement/applicant/candidate.

As far as why we go way up here (northeast), then all the way over there (NorCal), it just depends on where she is needed. We had a chance to go to Hawaii, but it would mean leaving the car (and pet) at home...Just couldn't do it LOL.
As of right now, we are headed back to Louisiana on Feb. 20th and we are either going back up to Hyannis MA(cape cod) or Mountain View CA around the second week of March.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
your xB is cooler than mine...but I love my Toaster.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sure mine isn't any better than anyone else's. At least that's how I see mine. If you like yours, thats all that matters. Got any plans for yours in the future?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
dirtyrice said:
And ScionDoll...Your xB has come a long way over the past few months!
Wow! Thanks! That means a lot to me especially since it has taken me so long to get my sh*t together with the mods.

You have made my day!;)

**Please be safe out there when driving around, ok?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure thing! I always am! Mine was the way it is now within a month of our purchase date except the exhaust. Some of the things were dealer installed (for warranty purposes and because we don't have a 'place' to work on it and parts were financed in to the price). The LEDs were done in a park in Melrose, MA. LOL. The strut bar was done in a shopping center parking lot. Beleive it or not, the dealer was the only (and cheapest) place that would do the rim/tire install since we didn't buy from whoever was going to mount them and the only reason they did was because we bought it there and they sold the same rims too. Some people are VERY picky with that kind of thing sometimes.
I see how far yours has come and imagine mine would have taken just as long, if not longer, had we not had the dealer do some of it. I still add here and there whenever we head home.

·
Registered
340 Posts
That's pretty cool how you can travel so much like that. You might as well enjoy it because once you have kids it's much much more harder to travel anywhere at least until they are of a certain age. I've got 3 kids, ages 6, 4, and 3 and man, we just don't travel period. Not that kids are a bad thing, they're great, but going on vacations or traveling far distances takes alot of planning. BTW, my son the youngest loves going with me anywhere in my xB, whenever we go out he points to my car and says, "I wanna ride daddy's car!"

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL...You got that right! We will certainly have to stop when we decide to have kids. But by that point we should be well established somewhere.
I have been given the opportunity to see things I have only read about and seen pictures of. It's GREAT!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have been given the opportunity to see things I have only read about and seen pictures of. It's GREAT!
I envy you that bro! Well, maybe my time will come once the kids are on there own like 30 years from now judging by how the transition from adolescence to adulthood keeps on being delayed year after year. :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.