Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I painted one more thing in my interior, the dimmer switch. Once you remove it from the dash you have to dis-assemble it

Push in the tabs on the back and slide the guys out.

Once the guts are removed, you can remove the knob by pulling it straight off. You dont have to loosen anything, you do need to note how the dimmer was oriented, if you look under the bottom of the dimmer you will see it is keyed and does not turn a complete 360 degree's. So if you put it on wrong it will not dim or brighten your lights completely. I set the knob on a small socket to paint, let it dry a few hours, cleared it and let it dry again a few hours then reassembled and installed.

And the finished dimmer looks like.

·
Registered
260 Posts
"KUDOS" 2 Skeeters' Dimmer Mod!

I have to say 'Kudos' , to Skeeter for his dimmer mod! I feel that the whole reason for joining a car forum, is to talk about our common interests, and to share our ideas and mods to our cars. I have enjoyed this fully. I have also seen and shared allot of great ideas here at Club Xb.There are many talented members here I am truly inspired by! :confused: Like ' ToyotaXb ' said "to each his own". I also beleive that our shared comments should be limited to the positive side, out of respect to our forum and its members. This should be a HAPPY PLACE, or else we will ruin the whole purpose of this forum. It has happened on many other forums. It must be hard for some people to excercise common decency and respect, when protected by the shroud of the internet.
Club Xb is a great forum, and a fun place to exchange ideas and thoughts about something that we all must have in common, our love for the Scion Xb! There should be no need to run down someones idea because it does not agree with your particular taste. We should rather positively comment on the subject, and give credit where credit is due, or , in my opinion, not say anything at all. What purpose does it serve to express not liking something.
This could just cause someone to not want to continue to share their thoughts or talents. Then the forum will have less and less interaction, thus causing it to fail at what it was created for. Then we are all back to hunting for a magazine that shows only Xb's and cool mods done to them. Loss of all interaction. Not as much fun in my opinion.
Freedom of speech is a freedom, but I also think it takes a very conciderate individual to not abuse that freedom at others expense.
Lets just keep Club Xb fun and positive! You never want your thread treated with disrespect!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotta take the good with bad, a little constructive critisim is to be expected. If everyone did the same thing to their xB then there would be no individuality and that creates bordom.

Here is why I painted the dimmer.

and

·
Registered
86 Posts
Indeed.. a nice way to accent the hot lava.

Maybe toyotaxb didn't scroll and see all the pics.. it took a while to load for me, so who knows.. either way, agreed. To each his/her own.

Maybe when I finally pay off the loan, THEN I'll start playing around.

But Skeeter (and others).. what if someone screwed up the dial.. where could someone get these parts? Just in case I really mess something up. :mad:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The knob just pops on and off, but if you screwed it up just like any other part then you would have to make something or go buy the whole part from Toyota. If you do any mods its at your own risk.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
I agree with BoxBoy. If your happy with just black black black and no accent or splash of color thats cool too. I know I've picked up a lot of ideas here that I really like and some don't appeal to me but it doesn't mean that they are stupid or ugly just not me. I look at the whole car and if it works all together and that person likes it sweeeet it's all good. I'm sure many ppl think my ride is not that great but I like it and thats all that matters. I really like skeeters
ride I see a lot of work going into it and it all works. He doesn't just stand back and throw mods at it for the sake of modding the box. Props bro. you inspire me to do some interior work on mine....LOL

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Skeeter, was that one of the pieces I seen chilllin in the oven in your garage? Looks good.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Padanky, I think it was in there along with my tail lights.

MadSciontist, thanks for the complement, I do everything on my own, being from country, I tend to do everything myself. My dad and grandpa did it all on thier own, so I guess I picked it up from them. Hell they both built thier own houses!!! Im working on some other mods, hopefully I can get them completed very soon.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
good mod, skeeter... i would have never thought of doing something like that... too much of a risk for me, know what i mean... mad props for the job... very nice...

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
very nice....you know whats funny? that guy was talking about black/black/black/splash of color...and saying that was tacky, but that is how the interior is when you buy it, black/black/black/splash of silver, I would rather have a splash of color rather than a splash of cheap imatation 'brushed silver' finish.

I personally have painted all the pieces flat black, and think it looks very nice, so now I am black/black/black/splash of black. I am just paranoid about taking off the airbag :(

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
toyotaxb said:
I don't understand how painting random single pieces in the car enhances
the look. You look at such an interior-- you see black, black, black, black, and
then oh a random piece painted. Again black, black, black, black, ohh another
random piece painted. There is no flow. It just looks so painfully tacky IMO.

But hey, it's your car. To each his own...
ToyotaXb i cant find any pics of you ride? What the deal??? Post some up. Show us what you ahve done to your ride.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Skeeter said:
ToyotaXb i cant find any pics of you ride? What the deal???
That's how it works, remember Scionetics! All the negative talk but never seen his ride either.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I like it! A little color goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Taz I saw you got second place in the Roswell soundoff!!! Good deal. We couldnt make it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.