Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoa! Dilemma! Whatever shall I do!

Dont'cha just love it when you have a sweet part sitting around doing nothing but tormenting you because it's calling to you to be installed? How about when you have TWO sweet parts sitting around collecting dust? Add in a small window of time you can install at least one of the parts on your own before it gets too cold.....and wet.......and you've come to where I am. I received my DC Sports header yesterday and after doing the best wipe job I could.....It dawned on me that I have parts sitting around collecting dust, and it's been longer than 5 days on just one of the parts! Now, if you're like me, you find this very unacceptable.

Which do you choose???

Header???

Rear Sway Bar???

Would you guys vote for power, OR suspension, in a situation like this?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I say if you have enough time do the header first but if little limited on time do sway bar. or get a friend to do one while you do the other.

·
Registered
368 Posts
:mad: GET OFF THE FREAKIN INTERNET and install both.

The more time you spend here , the less time you got to install!!!!

Jeez, some people:D You need someone to hold it for you? hehe

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I could, but it's been rainy and cold here. And by cold, I mean at least 20 below 70 degrees guys.

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, gotta bring up an old thread. This makes things EASIER for us, less work for the mods too.

Anyways, ONE HALF of the dilemma has been solved! YAY! Thanks to Pure Auto and Tim(firedog) we installed my DC Sports Ceramic 4-1 Header tonight! YESSSSSS!!!!! He's got all the pics on his digi, which he will send to me. We may be writing a DIY for this site, unless one has already been done.

Ok, here's the good. Don't worry, there's no bad....I hope. LMAO.

After a bit of fiddling around and bullishin' we got it done in about an hour....Granted, I already had most of the work done....But eh. Now, anyone that's been folloing me, knows I've done ONE performance mod just about every 6 months. It started with an Intake, then a Muffler ( I swear i felt increased throttle) then the infamous Perrin Pulley, and now my DC Sports header. Since it's been spaced out in such a lengthy period, I can safely say that EACH mod DOES increase your overall hp and tq. I also drove the box stock for about 5 months before I did anything (including the throttle cable tightening method).

As with my long winded posts when I'm excited; all I can say is WOWZA! Reaching 40mph never felt so fun, or fast in this car! I've had the muffler on the car for a year, and I can tell you that the header alone does deepen the growl, though it also makes highway speeds louder. It sounds terrific, not buzzy like most claim.

I was lucky enough to get one stoplight on my way home, and the box can definitely have some oopmh if you pedal and shift it right. I'll be out later tonight cruisin' a bit, playin' around to hit 70mph and take it back.

Absolutely incredible! Highly recommend getting a header if you need that extra couple hp's to lug your stereo stuff around!

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'm sure it's gonna be a bit lower as with every mod I beat on it a bit... I'll get it 'going' at the next fill-up. I've been averaging pretty well, better without the subs in. I'll take better note, as I said with the next fill-up. I'm just gonna burn through this one in a few days until I get my new horseys outta it. Then the novelty will wear off (as always) and drive like I do, perfectly perfect and never above 70mph on a 70mph max highway. :D

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is MO baby! We don't have that Cali stuff out here! We can run a full custom exhaust, and as long as you have a clean running MOTOR, and at least one cat, you're good. Yeah, we have that whole clean-air program, but it's no-where near strict like you guys have. We can run straight pipe back from the header and be good.....There's also those 'engine cleaners' that trick the sensors if it comes down to it. lol.

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lucky yes, but at the same time, the world would be a happier place if we all pitched in to make sure the air quality was better. However, if we all pitched in and did our part, all the progress we would make, would sooner or later be looked down upon as they'd find something else to whine about.....

So yeah, we're lucky....For now. However, some day I can see the world shifting and everyone doing their part....

Whoa, didn't mean to get all preachy there...LMAO

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
dont worry it all drifts into LA anyways.

man these flamin hot fries are tearing my up tonight!!! whooo my mouf is on fiya.

oh yea sorry, since you got the header on now you have no excuse to finish up that sway bar. if you had tim over there you could have done the header while he did the bar or vise versa. were gonna have to go over your priorities again! lol.

lemme know if you do a write up on the header, i want to install one. and for some reason your posts comfort me.

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL. Awesome! I guess....... (weeiiirrrdddoooo.....)

Anyways, as soon as I get the pics from Tim, I can do the write-up. Though I have plenty of pics before the DC header was put on, and now I can get pics of the stock one. Without doing any work I could snap pics of it all and point things out for a DIY, LOL.

I don't have the bushings for the RSB. I've been lazy about going over to autozone, advance auto parts, (insert parts store name here) among other places to pick them up. Yeah, I know it's only 20 bucks for them, that's probably why I haven't done it yet. As soon as I get the bushings though, that bad boy is going to be put on the car!

BTW, I can still take those hard corners at 40mph with the stretched tires on the 501's. No creaks or weird noises ceom from the wheels...I'll have to get a camera mount and put my camera on the side of the car to see how much stress the tires are under before I can truly decide how hard I should take the carners.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
sorry not to be a wierdo, or normal... whatever i just feel your genuine in your words here. i wanna get a header and i hear from everyone is really easy to install... so i think imma go for it. i know i was intimidated by my shifter at first, then when it was done in 25 minutes i felt a little bigger.

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heh, I didn't mean anything by weirdo. Trust me, I work in a gym, drive a box, play video games, and all the while I enjoy the film Johnny Mnemonic...... I truly am a good guy, though I have my faults. I do the best I can to help people, because that's what this is all about.

ANYWAYS.

For the header, try to pick up a ceramic coated one. Since there aren't any brackets to put the heat shield back on, a ceramic coated one is the best, as there are a few lines that flow basically right on top of the header. If you'd rather get a stainless steel one, see if you can fabricate something to reinstall the heat shield. I thought about doing it on my ceramic one, but eh, the coating should work.

Also, to keep heat to a minimum, you could try that high heat paint that's supposed to keep a bit of the heat in.

As for the header install: Make sure you can jack the car high enough so you have enough room to get the tourque you need to get the springbolts loose from the rest of the exhaust. It also helps if you have a longer handled ratchet, as I do not, and Tim does. I wish I would have gotten a picture of it, I'd say the handle was about 2 feet long.

The install itself, once the car is jacked up and you have all the bolts out, shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes tops. It just depends on how wuick you can break the bolts under the car.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
ahh, the infamous breaker bar works wonders. As far a getting it off the ground, get that bad boy up in the air:

It's tight under them little cars, even with about a foot of lift.

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I'm still AMAZED at how clean the undercarriage is! We have some of the worst weather around here, and there's maybe a light coat of junk and only a few surface rust spots.

BTW, tim, my email is [email protected] Send me dem pics!!!

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
you're both weirdos. hehehe. but we're all family. if we were all normal the world would be a boring place. and yes the undercarriage is clean. do wash it?

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
were wierdos? your name is ketchup, from now on i pronounce your new name as TOM, Tomato by product ON My hamburger. you can either take tom or tater... tater is just funny no matter the situation. im thinking stick with tater. yup.

boobmox, your undercar is nice... mine is pretty sleek from being out here in the valley of the sun [closest to hell a man should ever need to be]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.