Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new RS 3.0 xB a few months ago and was wondering if I made the right purchase. I got an "Automatic". I do drive manual but I since I enjoy drinkig a lot and a few runs with the law. I had to make sure someone can drive my car back home. Can someone make me feel good about the automatic. I am a bit of speed racer and used to drag my old '89 Nissan Sentra at the Speedway. Just wanted to know if any other automatic drivers can make me feel good.:eek:

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
bro you should feel good enough about it your self. you got it so you could be responsible and have others drive you home after parties and such. so enjoy not having to shift and thanks for being responsible! maybe even drink to it!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you cruise on the highway a lot the auto is supposed to get better milage. It revs at a lower rpm. . . although all a stick driver has to do is slow it up a bit. . . but what's the fun in that. Think about traffic and how much bigger you left leg will be after you put in the stage 2 or 3 clutch for the B (Yeah I know but I'm trying to help here. . .lol). What about those times when you're tired from a long run, sticks can be a killer there. How about the time when you were parallel parked and started the car in gear and bam right into the car infront of you (once again I know, I know, just trying to make an auto driver feel better) How about that time you were trying to impress that special someone by driving like you were in F & F but instead you stall the car and look like your driving miss daisy...lol. How about the fact that everytime you are driving with someone in the passenger seat you don't have to punch them in their leg/knee. You don't have to use the parking break as much. . . cause that damn factory style armrest sure does get in the way! Shifting is much easier on your tennis elbow. You can talk on your cellphone, smoke your cigarette, drink your coffee, and flick the driver who just cut you off. . . without having to downshift to keep from wrecking with the guy infront of you. You don't have to worry about the clutch problems that some xB drivers have had to deal with. . .

. . . and yes I drive an auto proudly. . . I live and work in and out of washington DC where traffic is a big ole poo. Which is the number one reason I have an auto. Don't feel bad just try to think positive!

If none of this works there are things you can do to make the B look like a manual. . .lol . . . then you won't feel as bad when you look down and see a bunch of numbers and letter on the shifter instead of next to the shifter. . .lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.