Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well months ago I put up some shots of our custom case but here it is finally installed and working! Note the carputer is just sitting on the passengers seat for testing, it will end up under the drivers seat. Also installed is a custom USB port in the center council between the cup holders.

Here is the complete center setup with custom mounted flip out touch screen

Program Screen

Media Screen

Carputer

Cables run under the center council totally concealed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thats super tight, Im lookin at a Carputer for my box but dont really want to build it. How much did that cost you, and is it a kit your gonna be sellin? If your not sellin kits, how about a parts list for us DItY (Do It Yourself) Guys? But its lookin hella tight man.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the props, the build cost probably about $1200 once it was all said and done, I had many of the components already so it was cheaper for me but to do it over from scratch it would be about that. I was going to build and sell but to many mainstream products have come out and the market is very limited for custom built stuff. I am currently in the middle of a move but once I get settled next week I can work up some DYI stuff or even quote you a build price if you want. Note that price above was with the flip out display and all not just the CPU. Talk to you later

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I've been looking at building a carputer for a while now. I have all the parts but a 7" touchscreen. I was planning on getting a shut off timer (recommended for anyone doing a carputer) with a 10-15min timer on it, then when the thing is in my drive way, it will automatically search for my wireless network, connect, and sync my music collection. (I may release the software if I ever do it.)

Being a programmer, I can easily make the software to do this, it's just a matter of time. How hard was it to wire up in the box?

·
Registered
284 Posts
hey bro if you get a dyi kit etc, let me know i for sure want one, that kicks some serious arse:D :cool: :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks really good. Props on making a custom case. How do you like that front end? I'm using Road Runner and it seems to work fairly well. I'm about half done making a scion skin for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts