Votes: 18 36.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ordering springs this week and want input on which of these two I should get. The price difference is only about 5 bucks. My box is a daily driver, and speed bumps are something I have to deal with daily, so that might keep me from going too low...

Let me know which you think!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would go with df 210's. I have them but haven't installed them yet. The difference between the 2 is close so you should go with the lower drop.

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
i have s techs and i think they are great, alot better ride than the stock springs. once they settle i think they are as low as the tanabe any way.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Im running the DF210s and my car is a daily driver. I am completely satisfied with the ride quality and the drop. can still take speed bumps and driveways.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
nah the Tanabes are listed at 2.2 / 2.0 the s techs are 1.7 / 1.5

Tein S-Tech spring rate = 145 179
Tanabe DF210 spring rate = 157 168

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Go with the DF210s. I installed these on my wife's car over a year ago and they are still riding great. We have driven all over California with these springs, and even to Vegas. If you are looking for a set of drop springs, I wouldn't recommend anything else.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
good choice on the springs...

i have them also...

·
Registered
552 Posts
daily driver s-tech
show df210
^^^^???????^^^^^

no, the ~1/2" is not that much of a difference. I'd go 210's for a daily driver. I'm at 2.5" drop on daily driver and wouldn't mind another 1/2". I live in the cold weather and see crazy pot holes and anywhere from 6-12" snow with no problems. So anyone in warm weather with nice roads like CA,AZ or FL would have zero problems with 210 drop height!!!!

my .02

cheers

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Saying DF210s are just for show is a joke. They ride great. My WIFE drives on her DF210s every day. To and from work, to the grocery store, on trips. EVERYWHERE.

The stance you get from a set of DF210s is hardly a "show" stance. For that, you would have to have at least a set of coilovers.

Then again, I come from a scene where a "show stance" doesn't begin until you are either laying frame, or clearing a set of 44s by over a foot.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That piece of info when you posted it before rton is one of the key pieces of info that really helped me decide to get the extra .5" of drop. I'm sure I'll be very satisfied with the results. Like I said, they should be getting here monday and thursday I'll make it down to miami to be able to get my ride on a lift to get them installed. Thanks again for all the input everyone, I never really posted it, but I'm a convert from a mini truck, so a lot of this is all new to me...

·
Banned
199 Posts
DF210s:

A little bouncy compared to Goldlines, be careful when driving in and out of steep driveways and what-not, some bodykits may require less of a drop for driveability.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i dont think coil overs are a must for show stance. as long as it sits nice, hell it could be all stock. the show is of the car and its total package. allthough all stock suspension doesnt do much for show pointed unless audio or body mod is your major point of interest.

i run my DF210s every day. and i love them. i have no problem with speed bumps, driveways, small children or animals. :D

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.