Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
The Tanabe DF210's advertise a 2.2 front, 2.0 rear drop, where the S-Techs advertise a 1.7/1.5.

·
Real Friends > Car Clubs
1,932 Posts
From seeing both in person I would go with the Tein. IMO they give a nice drop and even out the car. Never cared for how the Tanabe settled uneven. If it was a gen1 I would be recommending the Tanabes however.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's for a gen2

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 12:35 AM ----------

They settled uneven? In most cases?

·
Registered
701 Posts
There's a slight rake. However I've noticed most xB2 brands of springs result in a lower front than rear, it's odd.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
That's because there is a factory rake. And honestly, when you lower the car evenly, it actually looks like the rear is lower due to the body lines. I had mine pretty flat for a while, but due to wheel/tire combo + gas tank smacking the ground in a few spots around the city, I lifted the rear back up a tad. Looks a little better anyways.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
"I can't do coils". Please.

Spend $100 more for Racelands, and you'll not regret it. For $100 you get new shocks/struts, and adjustable. You don't have to slam it, but once you decide to put big boy pants on and do, you will not have to buy another suspension kit, just crank down the collars.

Hell, as soon as I took mine out of the box, I modified them to go to the lowest possible point with out re-welding brackets. Pulled the lock collar, and maxed them all the way down on the front. I've driven my car everywhere. Really bad country roads, gravel roads, through a bumpy hilly field to get to an air show, interstate construction, city construction, really challenging back roads like US129 tail of the dragon, snowy winters, ect. ect.

It sits low, I scrape a lot of places, but I still have every single body part attached with zero broken clips. The bumpers aren't the lowest point of these cars, so driving around slammed is really easy.

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 05:53 PM ----------

And thanks for the compliment sore.

·
Registered
701 Posts
No thanks needed, yours is a great looking 2nd gen. I'd like to get my wife's that low, and she daily's almost 200 miles 6 days a week.
Stenger is correct too about the bumpers not being the lowest point on the xB2's, without a body kit there's little chance of ripping the front or rear lips off unless you run over something you shouldn't. Even then body panels will probably be the least of your concerns.:eek:
Here's ours with just a 2" rear only drop.

If you had a 1st Gen I'd be more concerned about ripping a bumper off.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking good, yall boxes both look nice. Mr. 859 I want to do coils especially Raceland, money wise. But Idk anyone who can install that for me. For what I read. U modded some things to make it look and work good. I don't know ma about cars, the fact that I'm a girl. But that's my main concern. Idk where to take my box to install the Racelands

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
It's not a fairly complicated process. Infact, being female, getting someone to put racelands on for you, should be hard. lol. Just flirt a little, and they'll probably do it for free.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol hmm sounds like a good idea haha. But u said u took out the bottom collar? I don't even know what collar is haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts