Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a zex wet kit on my car. I ran it full throttle a few times. i was wondeing what detonation sounds like. The funny thing is, sometimes when I am on it it seems like the car is missing. Is this detonation, or is it my stock clutch slipping? I changed to a colder plug, and the plugs dont apper to be blue or rainbow colored. Also they seem to have blck soot on the end of the plug, not the electrode. Please help. I am runnging a 55 shot, and I can post pics of the plugs too if it helps. Thanks. Jake

·
Registered
2 Posts
its sounds like a big boom

and then your engine is no more.

when they say detonation they mean the nos has caught spark in your intake manifold.

every 10shots you give it you must retard the timing 2degrees.
colder plugs are only colder. cuz the nos is HOT!that helps too. cuz if the nos makes everything way hotter that makes your plugs way hotter. making them into GLOW PLUGS. picture you plugs glowing. glowing = spark. and when your intake valve opens what the hell is coming in. it sure as heck isnt cherrys. boom goes and that is detonation.

and that slip is your clutch. the stock clutches in our 1.5's go out at about 25000-35000 miles from what i heard word of mouth and tread too

if you get a better clutch it would make a huge diff. the only thing you will need to worry about then is wheel slip and hopping

·
Registered
361 Posts
detonation sounds like a rod knock or like hitting the engine block with a hammer. detonation is when the gasses in the cylinder ignite before the sparkplug sparks. when your on it if your wheels are spining your traction control can feel like the engine power is cutting out. the clutch slipping wont feel like the engine is acting up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.